GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voodoo Bride

Go down

Voodoo Bride Empty Voodoo Bride

Post by firekat1979 Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:48 pm

One Shot Fanfic inspired by the Relight performance from Beautiful World Tour.
I've included a lnk to the performance on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDrtFaiPi_A

I suggest watching the video first, then listening to it at right place in the story - I've included indecators as to which part of the music relates to which part of the story - eg (1:23) means 1min 23secs in.
Also included a possible link to finish on - it is my favourite ; )

Voodoo Bride

The agreement between witchdoctors and the tribe went back generations, to protect the tribe in return for the right to choose a bride from the young single women of the tribe, excluding the chiefs own daughters. 'At least this will be the last time I'll have to go through this' Kat thought to herself as she made her way to the entrance of the village where the rest of the women were gathering. This would be the last selection ceremony for many years as the last of the four witchdoctors would choose his potential bride tonight. The other three were all married now, last week Jason had selected Kat's best friend Kelly as his bride. Kat knew she would probably never see her again as the witchdoctors lived a separate, secret life away from the tribe.

Although it was forbidden, Kat had watched her friend's private wedding ceremony, hidden from view. When Kelly had fallen instantly in love with Jason, Kat just had to see him for herself, without the mask witchdoctors always hid behind. It was a warm still night, Kat had snuck out of the village unseen and climbed a tree just outside the ceremonial clearing, in perfect position to watch without being seen. Sitting on the branch she saw something moving in the next tree. Even in the dark she could make out the shape of a large jungle cat, but she wasn't afraid, she recognised it instantly as it eyes met hers. It was the same Leopard that seemed to turn up every time she left the village, whether she was at the lake bathing or gathering fruit in the jungle, it was there. Kat smiled to herself and shook her head. "I might have known you'd be around." she whispered. Then she saw a figure appear, stepping out from the jungle across the clearing and taking his position in front of the alter. It was Jason. Kelly had been right, he was very hansom, that much was clear even in the dim light of the torches flickering by the alter. Next Kat heard the sound of approaching footsteps and she saw her friend walking towards the clearing with the chief, she was careful not to make a sound as they passed under the tree she was watching from. Kelly's face lit up as she saw Jason again and it was clear to Kat that her friend had made the right choice, he obviously made her so happy. The chief placed Kelly's hand in Jason's and Kat smiled as she saw the witch doctors symbol that she'd painted on Kelly's right shoulder for the ceremony. The custom was to have to the symbol of the tribe you were marrying into painted on for the wedding, then the symbol would be tattooed the day after. Kat wasn't expecting what happened next, Jason placed his hand over the symbol and Kelly suddenly screamed in pain. Kat gasped in shock, the chief heard her and turned round trying to see where the noise had come from, just then Kat's Leopard friend let out a short growl, as if to convince the chief that was all he'd heard, it worked and the chief turned back to Kelly and Jason. Kat saw that Kelly was smiling again, the symbol on her shoulder was now slightly raised and obviously now permanent. It seemed the witchdoctors had their own method of tattooing. Kat took the chance to quietly climb down and head back to the village before the chief did whispering "Good Night" to her Leopard friend as she did.

A week had passed since that night and Kat would be glad to see the end of this night too. This would be the forth time she'd taken part in this ceremony, but she still felt as nervous as the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDrtFaiPi_A

Kat could hear the chief's voice as he began to sing not far away in the ceremonial clearing signalling it was time for the ceremony to begin. All the eligible females from the village were lined up waiting. The girl stood behind Kat was so nervous; this was her first time as she'd just come of age, Kat squeezed her hand in reassurance. (1:23)Then the beating of the drums began. Kat's heart pounded in her chest as she and the other girls began marching in procession through the village, flanked on each side by the tribal warriors. (2:12)Soon they reached the ceremonial clearing and the tempo of the drums increased. One by one each girl took up her position inside their own circle, marked out in coloured chalk on the sacred ground in front of the alter. (2:26)Each danced a short solo dance before kneeling and bowing their heads in respect to the chief. (2:55) The music gradually built then fell quiet and the girls lifted their heads expectantly watching for the witch doctors arrival. There was a bright flash of light and the four of them appeared out of nowhere on top of the ritual alter, dressed in black and red wearing their brightly decorated ceremonial masks. They began to sing with powerful voices to the irresistible rhythm and the dance began. The girls danced within their circles as the four witchdoctors danced around them, as if assessing each girl, deciding who would be chosen as the next Voodoo bride. Kat was, as usual swepted away by the music. As nervous as this ceremony made her, nothing felt as good as when she was dancing to the witchdoctors music. (5:31)The leader of the four tonight, Gary, pointed towards Kat and the circle around her ignighted into a purple flame, trapping her inside, she instantly dropped to her knees and bowed her head, her heart beating faster in her chest as the realisation sank in that she'd been chosen. Unexpectedly she heard the chief's voice again, as he sang in protest at the witchdoctor's selection. Having raised Kat since her parents died when she was a child, he loved her as he did his own daughters and it was killing him that she wasn't exempt from this ritual, he couldn't keep his disapproval quiet now that she'd been selected; who did they think they were to have the ordacity to choose her? Kat felt her face flush red in panic and worry for the chief she'd come to look on as a father, she didn't dare lift her head, but with her head bowed she saw the other three witchdoctors reminding the chief of their powers as they magically produced fire in their hands, a gentle warning for the him to hold his tongue. The chief bowed down to their power, after all he knew Kat still had the option to turn down the witchdoctor's proposal and she was very independent, they must be crazy to think they'd tame her, he thought. (6:25)Gary stepped effortlessly into the circle of fire with Kat and the flames rose higher. Her head still bowed Kat's heart was now pounding harder than ever, she saw his mask drop to the floor beside her, then felt his hand under her chin tilting her head up towards him. Kat had no idea what to expect to see as she looked up to his face, she was met with two piercing blue eyes, wild and yet somehow familiar and the face of an angel, perfect in every way as he smiled back at her still singing. He reached out for her hand and she gave it, he pulled her to her feet, then held her round her waist, as they danced together. Kat was transfixed in his gaze. The music kept playing, but Gary wasn't singing anymore. The fire still burned high around them, hiding them from view. (7:12) Gary leaned in and kissed Kat, who didn't put up any resistance. Still holding her tightly Gary whispered into Kat's ear "I want you to be my bride . . . you have until sunset tomorrow to decide if you will accept." Kat nodded in understanding, then he let her go, finished singing the song picking up his mask and covering his face again. The music ended abruptly, the purple fire disappeared and so too did all four witch doctors.

Kat was left stood there in shock for a minute, then found herself surrounded by members of her tribe, cheering and hugging her, congratulating her, it was a great honour to be selected as a potential bride for a witchdoctor, but was it what she wanted? Eventually the tribe dispersed and made their way back to the village. The chief put his arm around Kat's shoulder as they walked back.
"You know you have a choice, you don't have to marry him." he reminded her.
"I know." she smiled back at him.

That night Kat couldn't sleep. She stepped out of her hut and saw light in the chief's hut, quietly she made her way over there and opened the door. The chief was still awake, no doubt worrying about her.
"Come in." he said as he saw Kat in the doorway. Kat sat down opposite him. "Have you come to a decision yet?" he asked. Kat shook her head.
"He was so . . . so . . . "
"Hansom?" the chief suggested raising an eyebrow.
"Yes, but that word that doesn't seem to cover it, not even close . . . and I somehow felt safe." she went on "when I looked into his eyes there was something so familiar about him . . . like I already knew him."
"Perhaps because you've seen him before." the chief replied. Kat smiled.
"Well of course I have, but not without his mask." she said rolling her eyes, but she felt that wasn't what the chief had meant.
"There are plenty of warriors here who would gladly marry you in his place, Katrina."
"Yeah . . . and have me stay at home to cook and clean and look after the children." Kat protested. "Maybe this is a chance for something . . . something more exciting."
The chief laughed. "You always were so independent even as a child."
Kat was quiet for a few minutes while she weighed up her options.
"I will marry him." she said finally.
The chief smiled and hugged Kat. "I'll miss you." he told her.

The next day was spent preparing for Kat's wedding. The ceremonial clearing was decorated with petals. The chief's daughters spent their time helping Kat get ready dressing her, adorning her hair with flowers and finally painting the symbol of the witchdoctors symbol on her right shoulder. Kat examined the symbol, wishing she didn't know about the pain she was going to suffer for it.

Finally the time had come for her to get married. Kat nervously took the chief's arm and he led her towards the clearing. Before they stepped out of the jungle, Kat saw Gary nervously waiting at the alter. The chief led her forwards into the clearing and she smiled as his eyes met hers and he smiled back a warm smile of relief. The chief stopped next to him, took Kat's hand and placed it Gary's. Kat looked up into his eyes again and saw concern in them. "I'm sorry, this is going to hurt, but just for a minute. I promise." he told her sincerely. Kat knew what was coming next as he raised his hand and placed it on top of the symbol on her shoulder. Kat braced herself and soon felt an intense burning sensation sending pain surging from her shoulder right through her body. Kat's knees buckled as she growled in torment, but Gary was holding her tightly round her waist stopping her from falling. The chief turned away upset to see Kat in so much pain. Then Gary's hand felt cool on her shoulder and the burning and pain gently ebbed away.
"She belongs to you now . . . take good care of her." the chief warned Gary.
Gary's eyes sparkled as he smiled at Kat, then leant in and kissed her, much more intencely than he had last night. It took Kat's breath away but she gladly responded. Suddenly she felt the wind blowing all around them. Gary let her go and Kat opened her eyes, shocked to find she was no longer in the clearing. She was somewhere she'd never been before.
"Welcome to your new home." Gary announced as Kat took in her new surroundings deep in the jungle.
"A little warning before you do that again. . . please." Kat grinned at him.
"OK, I promise." he replied ". . . I'll err show you around tomorrow. . . right now I'm kinda eager to get you inside." He grinned taking Kat in his arms and carrying her over the threshold of his hut. As he stepped inside dozens of little candles flickered into life creating a cosy intimate glow.
Kat could feel her heart pounding nervously in her chest as he lay her on the bed. Gary lay next to her and gently ran his finger over the witch doctor symbol on her shoulder his eyebrows knitting together in a frown.
"I'll never do anything to hurt you again . . . you know that don't you." he said looking deeply and sincerely into Kat's eyes. Somehow she knew he meant what he said and nodded in reply, then wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him closer. Their lips met and Kat responded to his kiss, surrendering herself to him entirely.

The next morning as Kat's mind struggled towards consciousness, the thoughts that played in her mind troubled her. What if it had all been some sort of trick, a spell cast on her to persuade her to marry him. What if he looked completely different this morning. The chief had suggested she could have seen him before, what if he was someone from her village, just changed his appearance to fool her? Kat was awake now, but her eyes were still closed, she felt Gary tracing over her tattooed symbol again. Curiosity finally got the better of her and her eyes flickered open. She was pleasantly surprised to see he looked just the same as he had the night before, hair a little ruffled, but the same angelic face and piercing blue eyes gazing back at her.
"Good morning wife." he smiled contentedly at her.
"Good morning." Kat replied. Her eyes still taking in his beautiful face, checking that it hadn't changed even a little bit.
"What?" asked Gary, picking up on the curiosity in Kat's eyes. Kat smiled back at him and propped herself up on her elbow.
"I was just wondering when the spell will wear off." she admitted.
Gary laughed. "What spell?"
Kat stroked her hand down his cheek to his chin. "This . . . when do you change back to how you look normally."
Gary smiled reassuringly at Kat. "There's no spell I promise you . . . this is how I always look . . . well, in my human form."
Kat's mouth dropped open for a moment, she'd heard stories of the powers witchdoctors had, but she'd never believed this one was true. "You . . .you're a, a shape shifter?" she stammered. A guilty look descended on Gary's face, he looked down at the bed. "What's your other . . . form?" Kat asked timidly.
"Can't you guess?" Gary asked gazing into Kat's eyes once more. She wasn't sure if his face actually changed for a second or it was just her that her mind had suddenly figured it out.
"Leopard!" she replied "That was you?" Gary smiled a guilty smile. Then the penny dropped. "You . . . you watched me bathe in the lake. . ."
"I know, I'm sorry." Gary replied sincerely. "You have no idea how difficult it was to resist the urge to pounce on you." he added with a smile and a twinkle in his eye. Kat couldn't help but smile back, she couldn't stay mad at him, she knew that if she'd seen him bathing she'd have stayed to watch just the same. Playfully he pushed her back down on the bed pretending to pounce on her. Then she felt Gary's lips against her neck and the magic took over them both. But this wasn't some witchdoctor spell, this was ancient magic, a heady potion of love, lust and passion irresistibly pulling them together, undeniably mother nature's best work in her insatiable desire for procreation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqGoZVjF9EwRelight - Beautiful Worldhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDrtFaiPi_A

firekat1979
GazBabe
GazBabe

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum