GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exclusive: Album race win proves we're a league ahead of Britney now, claims Take That star Gary Barlow!! DailyRecord.co.uk 8.12.2008

2 posters

Go down

Exclusive: Album race win proves we're a league ahead of Britney now, claims Take That star Gary Barlow!! DailyRecord.co.uk 8.12.2008 Empty Exclusive: Album race win proves we're a league ahead of Britney now, claims Take That star Gary Barlow!! DailyRecord.co.uk 8.12.2008

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:34 pm

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/entertainment-catch-all/2008/12/08/britney-s-not-in-our-league-86908-20954488/

TAKE THAT claim they knew they would win the battle for the No.1 album spot last night because Britney Spears is second rate.

Last night, Gary Barlow celebrated The Circus shooting straight to the top, with Britney's similarly titled Circus having to make do with fourth place.

Speaking exclusively to the Razz, Gary, 37, said the American star was never a threat and is not even in the same class as his group.

"I see our album being in the charts next summer," Gary said.

"I've never thought Britney will still be there next summer with hers.

"We're in a different league than her now. She is still very much in the pop music mould. Like her X Factor performance.

"We did that show a couple of weeks ago and I don't see her in the same bracket anymore."

He admitted the band were thrilled to be celebrating another No.1 album - 17 years after their first chart single.

Gary added: "We're delighted to get to No.1. We measure this success against the last album, Beautiful World. Back then people were interested but they were also a little bit wary of a band that had reformed after so many years.

"People tentatively bought our last record. It seems this one has been a lot more anticipated.

"We spent the whole summer in the studio. I don't think I've ever had so much fun making a record.

It had no signs of pressure. It was more us wanting to make it as good as we could."

He also criticised X Factor bosses for allowing Britney to mime during her performance of her single Womanizer on the talent show, earlier this month.

Her performance came after rookie contestants sang versions of her songs live in front of the judges, the audience, as well as millions at home.

"I was surprised," Gary said.

"I remember Top Of The Pops used to have a rule that everybody sings live. Clearly that isn't implemented on X Factor, but it should be.

"If those kids who've had limited experience can do that every week, I'm sure a worldwide star can sing live without too much effort."

He suggested Britney, 27, retire from music for a spell so she can make a worthwhile comeback when she's ready.

Gary said: "People put out too much music. If there is one thing I can say about why the industry is in such a state, it's that I don't think people need a record every year. It's true for her as well."

Last week, Take That announced plans for a third show at Glasgow's Hampden Stadium next summer. Tickets for the June 21 concert are on sale from 9am on Wednesday, from wwwgigsinscotland.com or call Ticketmaster on 08444 999 990.
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Location : Playing on Gary's... erm... Piano!!! {Israel, actually}

Back to top Go down

Exclusive: Album race win proves we're a league ahead of Britney now, claims Take That star Gary Barlow!! DailyRecord.co.uk 8.12.2008 Empty Re: Exclusive: Album race win proves we're a league ahead of Britney now, claims Take That star Gary Barlow!! DailyRecord.co.uk 8.12.2008

Post by Ginny Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:28 pm

thanks hun
it is great news
would love to know how they did here Rolling Eyes
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

https://gazonlinegbfc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Exclusive: Album race win proves we're a league ahead of Britney now, claims Take That star Gary Barlow!! DailyRecord.co.uk 8.12.2008 Empty Re: Exclusive: Album race win proves we're a league ahead of Britney now, claims Take That star Gary Barlow!! DailyRecord.co.uk 8.12.2008

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:27 pm

Admin wrote:thanks hun
it is great news
would love to know how they did here Rolling Eyes
So keep us posted,, ginny!:0
i'm sure you'll hear th eposition of the charts- that is how WELL TT did in Spain, tomorrow at the awards, or better yet- in person by Mr. Baaaaa'low???? inlove
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Location : Playing on Gary's... erm... Piano!!! {Israel, actually}

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down