GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary Barlow:'I'd like Robbie Williams back for good' - Daily Mail - 12.12.08

3 posters

Go down

Gary Barlow:'I'd like Robbie Williams back for good' - Daily Mail - 12.12.08 Empty Gary Barlow:'I'd like Robbie Williams back for good' - Daily Mail - 12.12.08

Post by Leannesg1986 Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:37 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1093774/Id-like-Robbie-Williams-good-Gary-Barlow-leads-campaign-Take-That-reunion.html

'I'd like Robbie Williams back for good': Gary Barlow leads the campaign for Take That reunion

Gary Barlow has revealed he's persuaded Robbie Williams to return from Los Angeles and that Take That are getting to know him again

He walked out on Take That more than ten years ago, called his bandmates 'morons' and made endless jokes about Gary Barlow.

But now it seems the reunited boyband is preparing to welcome Robbie Williams back into the fold. Barlow has revealed that he has persuaded Williams to return to Britain from exile in Los Angeles for the sake of his music career. And Barlow, Howard Donald, Jason Orange and Mark Owen have been reacquainting themselves with Williams.

Barlow told The Sun: 'The band has been having great fun with Robbie and we've been talking a lot. It's been really good getting to know him again. He has sorted himself out and is in a really good place at the moment.
'It's great news that he's decided to come back to the UK. I've always loved working here and wouldn't want to be anywhere else - and I've been telling Robbie for a while now that he needs to move back.

'I think the time is right for him to come back now. I don't think the US is the best place for him to be.
'This is where he thrives and moving is the best thing he can do for his career. He's got a lot of unfinished business here and he'll be back to his best in no time if he comes home.'

When asked on GMTV this morning whether Williams will rejoin the band, he said: 'You never know, I think we’d like to but at the moment we’ve got a tour next year - and at the moment he’s not a part of those plans, but you just never know when he’s going to pop out of that box.'

With his career floundering, many believe it likely Williams will bury his pride and rejoin the boyband that made him famous.

The singer, 34, yesterday gave the biggest hint yet that he will get back together with the Mancunian quartet, and confessed he would 'love' to be in the band. He has even had the group's symbol tattooed on his right arm.

'I'd love to be in the band again,' Williams admitted. 'I'd like to think we'd be the only band in the history of music to get together because of artistic differences.' He added: 'It's more rewarding when you're a gang. Ever since I left Take That I've wanted to be in a band.'

Robbie Williams is ready to return to England after living in Los Angeles for a number of years
Williams walked out on Take That in 1995 and the band split seven months later, breaking the hearts of teenage girls across the globe.

But Barlow, Mark Owen, Jason Orange and Howard Donald reformed without Williams in 2005 and have enjoyed huge success.

Their album The Circus is on course to sell a million. Williams' latest effort has been beset by problems but is due to be released next year.

Williams said on his website that he was 'over the moon' for the group and said their differences had disappeared.

Writing on his Inner Sanctum blog, Williams said of the Take That's comeback success: 'I'm really proud. I love the new album too - haven't stopped listening to it.' Then he adds: 'I'd love to be in the band again but I've got some unfinished business of my own.'

Setting the record straight about his former bandmates, he added: 'We got together a lot over the summer. It was amazing.

'We've all matured a lot since we parted. I'm very pleased to say the differences we've had have just melted away.

'We had a lot of serious chats. Everything we had problems with just boils down to one thing - victims of circumstance, No one was wrong, no one was right.'

'After they left, I felt like a tonne of bricks had been removed from my shoulders. We'd put right what an awful lot of other broken bands fail to do.'

Earlier this month Williams attended the Arsenal versus Manchester United Premiership match with Take That songwriter Gary Barlow.

They have also had discussions about recording a one-off reunion gig for a DVD.

However some may see the 34-year-old's comments as a cynical ploy to grab attention following a relatively quiet period as he looks to a career revival.

His last studio album Rudebox received mixed reviews when it was release in October 2006, with some dismissing it out of hand.

Work on his eighth studio album has been a long time coming and has reportedly been beset by problems with his reunion with former songwriter Guy Chambers failing to work out.

And it is also questionable whether Williams's former bandmates would be happy with him cashing in on their renewed success and taking centre stage.

Barlow, Jason Orange, Howard Donald and Mark Owen have enjoyed massive success since reforming as a foursome in 2006 - 11 years after Robbie walked out on them to go it alone.

The Circus, their new release, has become fastest-selling album of the year and the band sold around 600,000 tickets for their 2009 summer tour in under five hours, breaking the record set by Michael Jackson's Bad tour in 1987.

A spokesman for Williams refused to comment, while a spokesman for Take That said he did not know whether a reunion would happen, adding: 'Take That are enjoying getting to know him again.'
Perhaps Owen is closer to the mark in his predictions of how things will pan out.

Earlier this month he said any potential reunion with Williams would be an 'unannounced thing' after the singer turned up to a Take That concert.

'I've got a feeling that halfway through the show we might get a message on stage to say that he wanted to come on stage and sing a song,' said Owen.

'I don't think it would ever be a prepared, organised thing.'

Formed in Manchester in 1990, Take That sold more than 30 million records between 1991 and 1996.
At the time they were dubbed the most successful British band since the Beatles.

The band split months after Williams' departure in 1996 before reforming as a four-piece 10 years later.

Williams has spent the last five years in Los Angeles, but has just brought a £7million 18th century mansion in Wiltshire.
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

https://www.facebook.com/leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Gary Barlow:'I'd like Robbie Williams back for good' - Daily Mail - 12.12.08 Empty Re: Gary Barlow:'I'd like Robbie Williams back for good' - Daily Mail - 12.12.08

Post by Leannesg1986 Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:45 pm

I just noticed on the right hand of the article in the link at the top of my last post there a poll whether Rob should or shouldn't rejoin Take That so I of course voted no and the overall result is 30% Yes, 70% No. Lets hope they lads take note of these various polls doing the rounds and give him a sharp boot up the backside!!!! Gary Barlow:'I'd like Robbie Williams back for good' - Daily Mail - 12.12.08 Angelic001
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

https://www.facebook.com/leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Gary Barlow:'I'd like Robbie Williams back for good' - Daily Mail - 12.12.08 Empty Re: Gary Barlow:'I'd like Robbie Williams back for good' - Daily Mail - 12.12.08

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:15 am

Leannesg1986 wrote:I just noticed on the right hand of the article in the link at the top of my last post there a poll whether Rob should or shouldn't rejoin Take That so I of course voted no and the overall result is 30% Yes, 70% No. Lets hope they lads take note of these various polls doing the rounds and give him a sharp boot up the backside!!!! Gary Barlow:'I'd like Robbie Williams back for good' - Daily Mail - 12.12.08 Angelic001

WOW!
i'm happy to see the change in results!
I've been voting madly yesterday (at least 20 times in a row :laugh )
if that E-poll counts for anything:d
going to vote again and urge everyone else to do so!! yeah
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Location : Playing on Gary's... erm... Piano!!! {Israel, actually}

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:40 pm

Sir Barlows Cuddly Toy wrote:
Leannesg1986 wrote:I just noticed on the right hand of the article in the link at the top of my last post there a poll whether Rob should or shouldn't rejoin Take That so I of course voted no and the overall result is 30% Yes, 70% No. Lets hope they lads take note of these various polls doing the rounds and give him a sharp boot up the backside!!!! Gary Barlow:'I'd like Robbie Williams back for good' - Daily Mail - 12.12.08 Angelic001

WOW!
i'm happy to see the change in results!
I've been voting madly yesterday (at least 20 times in a row :laugh )
if that E-poll counts for anything:d
going to vote again and urge everyone else to do so!! yeah

Will do now !!! good to see the change Very Happy
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

https://gazonlinegbfc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down