GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take That Recorded Their Best Album Ever? Yavno.com 12.01.09

3 posters

Go down

Take That Recorded Their Best Album Ever? Yavno.com 12.01.09 Empty Take That Recorded Their Best Album Ever? Yavno.com 12.01.09

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:13 am

http://www.javno.com/en/bestseller/clanak.php?id=223242

Take That is again going through phenomenal success they had in the 1990’s. Gary Barlow spoke about their new album “Circus”.
From one of the biggest bands of the past ten years to an even bigger band –it’s Take That. They formed in 1990 and had six incredible years of hits such as Back For Good, Pray and Everything Changes amongst their eight UK Number One singles. In ’96, a year after losing original member Robbie Williams, the band surprisingly split. Solo careers followed but none getting anywhere like the meteoric success of Take That and in 2006, the band reconvened, without Robbie, for a TV documentary.

Such was the interest that they decided to get back together and they’re having the same success now that they had years ago and have added three more Number One singles to their tally taking the total to eleven. They’ve just released their second album since their reunion and not surprisingly it went straight to the top – it’s called The Circus and it features songs such as Greatest Day that were written by all members of the band: Mark Owen, Howard Donald, Jason Orange and the guy we’re about to hear from, Gary Barlow.

Hi Gary – the new album is another massive success. Things couldn’t get much better for you could they?

Listen until the day we die, we don’t need any more praise. That’s for sure. We’ve had a lifetime’s worth just in the last twenty four hours.

How much did you enjoy making the new album?

You know what, this album has been the most enjoyable record I’ve ever made. Although there was a huge amount of pressure on us, it never felt like it in the studio. We all really, really contributed in the best way, I feel like everybody got what they wanted out of it. But at the same time we still made hit records as well. And, it just feels great, it feels perfect, and it feels like it could be our ultimate record this.

The singing is shared around the band more than previous records.

You know what, not intentionally. I think a lot of the songs picked the singer. It wasn’t a list that we sat down with, Mark has to sing four, I have to sing, we don’t do it like that. We literally choose the best songs and they usually pick the right singer.

The cover photo has you on a tightrope – how high were you for that photo?

About six foot off the ground, so if you count then your foot to your head, you’re about eleven foot off the ground, and it was pretty scary. Mark was actually the best. And I was the worst. And what they cut off was, when I was on the tightrope, there was a guy holding my belt at the back. They’ve cut him off.

Is the circus going to be the theme of the tour?

Who knows? Who knows? I mean basically, you know, we’re gonna be playing about nineteen stadiums next summer. We’re gonna give everybody the show of a lifetime.

Are you fed up of the constant questions about the possibility of Robbie re-joining the band?

As long as we’re alive, people are gonna ask if we’re going to get back together. And I actually, I do believe we will one day. I just don’t know when. And I don’t think it’ll be next summer. But who knows in the future? I know right now, the five of us are rebuilding our friendship at the moment. And that’s really the only place to start. So who knows where it’ll go from there. We’re doing it kind of individually as well, I get an email every week from Rob, and you know Mark gets one every other week. Jason phones him once a week, I mean we’re all keeping in touch with him in different ways. But, it’s really fun getting to know him again, I must say, and with the five of us we’re together a lot over the summer, and it felt like ten years had just gone by in a second. It just felt like we were back in the nineties.

The reunion has been such a success. What doubts did you have back then when you initially thought about getting back together?

Maybe that’s the attraction of the music industry, you never know what’s round the corner, you never know when you’re half a step away from you know, world wide success or you’re half a step away from being dropped. I think that’s the lure of the music industry, it’s just so unpredictable.
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Location : Playing on Gary's... erm... Piano!!! {Israel, actually}

Back to top Go down

Take That Recorded Their Best Album Ever? Yavno.com 12.01.09 Empty Re: Take That Recorded Their Best Album Ever? Yavno.com 12.01.09

Post by Leannesg1986 Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:34 pm

Thanks for this Jen...it was a good read!! Wink
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

https://www.facebook.com/leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Take That Recorded Their Best Album Ever? Yavno.com 12.01.09 Empty Re: Take That Recorded Their Best Album Ever? Yavno.com 12.01.09

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:49 pm

i browsed the official forum yesterday, that was the only serious piece of update re. our lads (i didn't check Knob's thread, though scratch )
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Location : Playing on Gary's... erm... Piano!!! {Israel, actually}

Back to top Go down

Post by Leannesg1986 Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:22 pm

Sir Barlows Cuddly Toy wrote: (i didn't check Knob's thread, though scratch )

Neither would I of done!! Neutral
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

https://www.facebook.com/leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:38 pm

that was great read and .... sad too... pale knowing ill miss the tour........
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

https://gazonlinegbfc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down