GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd February onwards - Gary climbing Mt Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief! (SPONSOR GARY HERE!)

+2
Elisa
Leannesg1986
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2nd February onwards - Gary climbing Mt Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief! (SPONSOR GARY HERE!) Empty 2nd February onwards - Gary climbing Mt Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief! (SPONSOR GARY HERE!)

Post by Leannesg1986 Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:39 am

Ok so as we are all aware our beautiful Gaz is climbing Mt Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief this year. Just abit from the RND website about the climb...

2nd February onwards - Gary climbing Mt Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief! (SPONSOR GARY HERE!) Home-bg-1

The BT Red Nose Climb officially launches on 2 February and this is the place to come for behind the scenes gossip, up to the minute news and exciting updates from the top team of celebrity climbers…

The celebrity boys - Gary Barlow, Chris Moyles, Ben Shephard and Ronan Keating are joining the celebrity girls - Fearne Cotton, Denise Van Outen, Kimberley Walsh, Cheryl Cole and Alesha Dixon to raise mountains of cash for Comic Relief - and they’re going to need all the help they can get!

We’ll be bringing you insider information, exclusive photos and exciting video footage as the climbers prepare to Do Summit Funny for Money!

So come back from 2 February and submit your details here so we can make sure you’re the first to hear what’s going on when. This is one celebrity expedition that you won’t want to miss…

Visit the site here: http://www.rednoseday.com/climb at the moment it is only a holding page but that section of the site will kick off on the 2nd of february!!

You can sponsor Gary here:

http://www.rednoseday.com/climb/sponsor/gary

I love how Garys name is listed first out of all the celebs!!! And quite rightly so too!!! Wink

Last edited by Leannesg1986 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:11 pm; edited 8 times in total
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

https://www.facebook.com/leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

2nd February onwards - Gary climbing Mt Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief! (SPONSOR GARY HERE!) Empty Re: 2nd February onwards - Gary climbing Mt Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief! (SPONSOR GARY HERE!)

Post by Elisa Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:13 am

I'll be there on the 2nd!!! Very Happy
How is our Gaz so goodlooking in this piccie??? I love you
Elisa
Elisa
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

2nd February onwards - Gary climbing Mt Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief! (SPONSOR GARY HERE!) Empty Re: 2nd February onwards - Gary climbing Mt Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief! (SPONSOR GARY HERE!)

Post by Meld Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:15 pm

Leannesg1986 wrote:
Ok so as we are all aware our beautiful Gaz is climbing Mt Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief this year. Just abit from the RND website about the climb...

2nd February onwards - Gary climbing Mt Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief! (SPONSOR GARY HERE!) N517934084_1941316_5738

The BT Red Nose Climb officially launches on 2 February and this is the place to come for behind the scenes gossip, up to the minute news and exciting updates from the top team of celebrity climbers…

The celebrity boys - Gary Barlow, Chris Moyles, Ben Shephard and Ronan Keating are joining the celebrity girls - Fearne Cotton, Denise Van Outen, Kimberley Walsh, Cheryl Cole and Alesha Dixon to raise mountains of cash for Comic Relief - and they’re going to need all the help they can get!

We’ll be bringing you insider information, exclusive photos and exciting video footage as the climbers prepare to Do Summit Funny for Money!

So come back from 2 February and submit your details here so we can make sure you’re the first to hear what’s going on when. This is one celebrity expedition that you won’t want to miss…

Visit the site here: http://www.rednoseday.com/climb at the moment it is only a holding page but that section of the site will kick off on the 2nd of february!!

I love how Garys name is listed first out of all the celebs!!! And quite rightly so too!!! Wink

Thanx !!
Meld
Meld
GazBabe
GazBabe

http://www.take-that.fr

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:15 pm

swapricot wrote:I'll be there on the 2nd!!! Very Happy
where there??

Thanks Lea!
I bet he's soooooooooooooo excited already) Dawn is probably not so happy about it though)))
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Location : Playing on Gary's... erm... Piano!!! {Israel, actually}

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:02 pm

yeah where are u gonna be?????????? Shocked
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

https://gazonlinegbfc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisa Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:21 pm

I mean... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
I'll go and check the website... Embarassed Embarassed
Elisa
Elisa
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:50 pm

swapricot wrote:I mean... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

oohh ok... thought you were going to flollow gary at the kilimanjaro or somthg like that lol! laugh
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

https://gazonlinegbfc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by British_flower Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:15 pm

Admin wrote:
swapricot wrote:I mean... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

oohh ok... thought you were going to flollow gary at the kilimanjaro or somthg like that lol! laugh

smile
British_flower
British_flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Leannesg1986 Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:14 pm

Just bumping this thread up as it starts TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bounce cheers king party bravo hurray yeah :how

I'm done!
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:19 pm

Leannesg1986 wrote:Just bumping this thread up as it starts TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bounce cheers king party bravo hurray yeah :how

I'm done!

I hope he has enough socks, undies, packed to go! Oh, and these baby- butt lotions against erm, what it's called... 'jock itch' Very Happy (had to google it)
Will tomorrow's start- off be shown on telly?
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post by Leannesg1986 Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:25 pm

I doubt it....will have a looky at the tv guide for tomorrow. The site launches tomorrow aswell though so they may show it on there!! Smile x
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Leannesg1986 wrote:I doubt it....will have a looky at the tv guide for tomorrow. The site launches tomorrow aswell though so they may show it on there!! Smile x

Can't they jsut stick a cam to th eone climbing behind Gaz, to get an update of Gary's behind in REAL TIME!?!?! I mean, is it really TOO MUCH to ask?! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post by Leannesg1986 Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:35 pm

Sir Barlows Cuddly Toy wrote:

Can't they jsut stick a cam to th eone climbing behind Gaz, to get an update of Gary's behind in REAL TIME!?!?! I mean, is it really TOO MUCH to ask?! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Of course its not too much to ask hun!! Maybe they will have a comments bit on the site when it launches where you can submit comments and ideas or words of encouragement!! Maybe you could ask there!! Laughing x
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:43 pm

In case anyone wondered where th eheck is this Mt Kilimanjaro (like i did0, here's general info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilimanjaro
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:43 pm

Leannesg1986 wrote:
Sir Barlows Cuddly Toy wrote:

Of course its not too much to ask hun!! Maybe they will have a comments bit on the site when it launches where you can submit comments and ideas or words of encouragement!! Maybe you could ask there!! Laughing x
I think i will, thank you very much! Very Happy
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post by Leannesg1986 Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:03 am

Gary will be on Chris Moyles show to talk about this Mon 2nd. (tomorrow or today depends when you're reading this!! Very Happy) No time yet, its not known if Gary will be there in person or on the phone to do the interview.

Chris Moyles is on 6:30 - 10:00am

You can listen online here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1.listen and clicking listen live....I will try and record it from the radio at the time and post it here for you all incase some of you don't see this in time!! I've only just found out myself!! Smile xx
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Leannesg1986 Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:50 am

Ok so the site has launched!!

2nd February onwards - Gary climbing Mt Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief! (SPONSOR GARY HERE!) Rndclimb-12nd February onwards - Gary climbing Mt Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief! (SPONSOR GARY HERE!) Gary_022nd February onwards - Gary climbing Mt Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief! (SPONSOR GARY HERE!) Gary_032nd February onwards - Gary climbing Mt Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief! (SPONSOR GARY HERE!) Gary_042nd February onwards - Gary climbing Mt Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief! (SPONSOR GARY HERE!) Gary_01_0

Garys profile:

As a member of one of Britain's biggest ever bands Gary Barlow's place among the music elite is secure.

Take into account his unprecedented success as a singer songwriter too and you have a member of the recording royal family on your hands.

That kind of stadium filling success was a million miles away from his early days in the mid 80s North West playing the Connah’s Quay Labour Party Social Club and the Frodsham Union Church Coffee Morning!

But an audition in 1990 at a Manchester club catapulted Gary into the big time and the Take That phenomenon was born.

Married to Dawn Gary has three children, Dan, Emily and most recently of all Daisy - born on 14th January this year - just in time to see her Daddy take on Kilimanjaro!

Kiliquotes:

I really can't wait for this to happen. It’s been quite a long time in the organising but now its almost here!

Altitude sickness is the biggest fear I guess – I’ve been skiing at around 2000 meters before but this is almost three time as high as that so it’s a real unknown quantity for all of us.

I think we will have a fantastic laugh, do something personally challenging and at the same time raise a load of money to help people beat malaria which is a huge killer.

In terms of my experience doing anything like this – its pretty much zero. In fact I’m the most unlikely person in the world to attempt something like this - I hate camping and I love nice soft warm duvets. I can't believe I'm doing it in fact!

I’m also going to really miss GMTV in the morning – but seeing as we will have Ben Shephard with us I can get him to do it live for me!

Last edited by Leannesg1986 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Leannesg1986 Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:53 am

Another section of the site

Meet The Mountain:

How much do you know about the mountain our brave team will soon call home as they battle their way to its peak?

Here's the first part of our guide that will make sure you know everything there is to know about the BT Red Nose Climb:

Mount Kilimanjaro is the world's highest free-standing mountain at 19,340ft (5,895m) above sea level.

As they make their way to the top the team will encounter almost every type of environment found on earth - from tropical rainforest and desert, to alpine meadows and arctic conditions.

The entire giant structure is a mammoth volcano - one of the biggest on earth - and if that's not scary enough its classed as dormant, not extinct!

It couldn't could it? Almost certainly not, but steam and sulphur are still emitted to this day from Kilimanjaro's youngest cone, Kibo.

Kilimanjaro's summit is called Uhuru Peak which in English means 'Freedom. On the peak itself there is a wooden box containing a book in which almost every individual to reach the summit has recorded their impressions of the world from the highest point on the African continent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Million Reasons:

By helping the BT Red Nose Climb team reach their goal of raising a million pounds you'll be helping people in real need across Africa and the UK.

Comic Relief cash is used in Africa to give people the chance they deserve - like the child who catches Malaria because his mother can't afford a net.

to help protect him, or the woman in a violent relationship who has nowhere to turn, until she finds the refuge funded by Red Nose Day cash.

So please do sponsor the climbers, even if it's just a pound - there's a million reasons why you should.

Key Facts

Malaria hits poor people the hardest because it makes peoples so sick that they can't afford to work. This means, they are likely to face even more poverty.

Using insecticide treated bed nets can reduce the episodes of malaria in children by half and deaths from malaria in children by one fifth.
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Leannesg1986 Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:01 am

The teams goal is to raise £1 million. You can sponsor Gary here:

http://www.rednoseday.com/climb/sponsor/gary

Or the team here:

http://www.rednoseday.com/climb/sponsor/the_team

Last edited by Leannesg1986 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:31 am

Leannesg1986 wrote:Gary will be on Chris Moyles show to talk about this Mon 2nd. (tomorrow or today depends when you're reading this!! Very Happy) No time yet, its not known if Gary will be there in person or on the phone to do the interview.

Chris Moyles is on 6:30 - 10:00am

You can listen online here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1.listen and clicking listen live....I will try and record it from the radio at the time and post it here for you all incase some of you don't see this in time!! I've only just found out myself!! Smile xx
Chris Moyles is broadcasting even on the day of the launch, thought he'd be taking his trolly to th eairport by that time Smile
Thanks hun, would you be able to have a listen??
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:36 am

where can i rip of a .gif sig like that? ME WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT *JK* Rolling Eyes tongue tongue Laughing
EDIT: i found a related thread, it looks gorge! Smile

Last edited by Sir Barlows Cuddly Toy on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post by British_flower Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:17 am

Hun I cannot listen to anything on there...on the Chris Moyles webside just this comes up,no listen live as usual it says only listen to the latest show but that is from friday...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chrismoyles/red_nose_climb_09.shtml

The Red Nose Climb 2009
In the run-up to Red Nose Day on 13 March, Chris Moyles, Fearne Cotton and seven other brave celebs will head to Africa for one of the biggest challenges of their lives.

Joining Chris and Fearne will be Cheryl Cole, Kimberley Walsh, Alesha Dixon, Ben Shepherd, Ronan Keating, Denise Van Outen and Gary Barlow.

They'll be walking for seven days to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania to raise money for Comic Relief - and they want your help.

We need every Radio 1 listener to get behind Chris, Fearne and the other climbers. You can show your support by clicking here:

Support Chris

All the climbersThe money you donate will go to projects in the UK and Africa…

Africa

£1 could pay for lunch for 3 children in Niger living in extreme poverty.

£1.50 is all it takes to provide a child in Uganda with enough pens to last a whole term while they get an education to turn their lives around.

£5 could pay for a life saving malaria bed net for a mother in child.

£10 could buy a baby goat for a family living in poverty in Niger. They can fatten it up, sell it and use the money to buy 2 more.

£20 could pay for breakfast for 100 street children in Kenya who are struggling to survive on their own.

£35 could pay for a loan to a family in Uganda so they can set up their own business and start to work their way out of poverty. When they pay back the loan, this money can then be lent to another family.

UK

£1 could pay for a phone call from a young runaway to their family to let them know they’re safe. This can be the first step to resolving the differences that led them to leave home in the first place.

£2 could pay for a lunch voucher for a homeless young person who is attending an education or training course. With their basic needs taken care of, they can concentrate on learning the skills they need to rebuild their lives

£5 could buy a toy for a child who has nothing after fleeing their home with their mum because of domestic violence.

£10 could pay for three nutritious meals at a lunch club where lonely and isolated older people can meet and enjoy each other’s company.
British_flower
British_flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Leannesg1986 Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:00 pm

Ok so Gary and the team leave for Mt Kilimanjaro in 4 weeks!! You can listen to him on the Chris Moyles show this morning here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00h765q

His on it on and off all the way through the show and about half way through the mornings show you can hear him sing a verse or two of Forever Love!! Smile xx
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Leannesg1986 wrote:Ok so Gary and the team leave for Mt Kilimanjaro in 4 weeks!! You can listen to him on the Chris Moyles show this morning here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00h765q

His on it on and off all the way through the show and about half way through the mornings show you can hear him sing a verse or two of Forever Love!! Smile xx
Thank you Lea, for posting! You're a darl!
Me, I can't listen at work (it's blocked) and i won't be home tonight, so i won't make it til tomorrow's show:(

How come they announced the launch from today, but actually leaving in 4 weeks?
Does this mean no Gary at any stage of promoting Up All Night?
Damn!

....can my say get any worse.... ?Sad
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post by Leannesg1986 Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:41 pm

2nd February onwards - Gary climbing Mt Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief! (SPONSOR GARY HERE!) Gary_barlowrndclimb

Ok so although you can sponsor the team as a whole there is an option to support each celeb. Each celeb will have a tally at the end of the climb of how much they raised individually! Chris Moyles got very competitive with Gary on Radio 1 this morning and has been urging people to sponsor through the radio 1 website which means any donations made will be for his tally. If you intend to sponsor please do it through Garys individual sponsor link here: http://www.rednoseday.com/climb/sponsor/gary

If Chris Moyles wants a war we will give him a WAR!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

(I have updated above posts with this link also Wink)

Last edited by Leannesg1986 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next