GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take That snubbed by Brits again - Sun Online - 22.01.09

4 posters

Go down

Take That snubbed by Brits again - Sun Online - 22.01.09 Empty Take That snubbed by Brits again - Sun Online - 22.01.09

Post by Leannesg1986 Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:22 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2153505.ece?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Bizarre

Lovely pic with that Bizarre columnist...AGAIN!! He invades beautiful photos of our boys far too often!!! Neutral

TAKE THAT are clearly Britain’s best-loved band. That’s beyond any doubt.

So, why does the Brit Awards Voting Academy insist on snubbing them?

Astonishingly, the comeback kings have picked up just ONE nomination this year.

While COLDPLAY and DUFFY lead the charge with four nods each, GARY BARLOW, JASON ORANGE, HOWARD DONALD and MARK OWEN are left to battle it out with ELBOW, GIRLS ALOUD, RADIOHEAD and CHRIS MARTIN and Co for the Best Group gong.

And I’m baffled.

The Circus sold a million copies faster than any other album so far this millennium.
It deserves recognition way ahead of THE TING TINGS, who are up for Best Album.
Organisers are quick to point out the nominations aren’t dreamt up by a shadowy few in major label boardrooms.
The Academy consists of 1,000 members from across the music industry, including DJs, critics and students.
Which makes it even more puzzling that the manband, pictured with me presenting them the Bizarre Lords award last month, have such a hard time competing for gongs.
And this year isn’t anything new.

Despite shifting more than 2.7million copies of their Beautiful World CD in 2006, all the lads won at 2007’s ceremony was the public vote for single Patience.

The following year they scooped Best Single again as well as the British Live Act prize — both of which were chosen by fans.

And back then Gary wasn’t best pleased.
He told me: “It’s amazing that when the public vote we always do well.
“But it gets to me that when we’ve been nominated for other awards, we get overlooked. It’s a disgrace. I thought we were in with a shout this year but it just goes to show we don’t fit the mould.”

It’s a shame the Brits refuse to celebrate the lads, who have shifted a million tickets for their summer tour.
Especially when utter drivel like SCOUTING FOR GIRLS have thrashed them by landing three nods.
ADELE and ELBOW have also scored a trio. And The Ting Tings, Radiohead, Girls Aloud and ESTELLE are nominated twice.

The ceremony, which will see the PET SHOP BOYS receive the Outstanding Contribution to Music award, is at London’s Earls Court on February 18.

I wouldn’t blame Take That if they gave it a miss.
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

https://www.facebook.com/leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Take That snubbed by Brits again - Sun Online - 22.01.09 Empty Re: Take That snubbed by Brits again - Sun Online - 22.01.09

Post by Ginny Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:07 pm

Why it is not surprising me... Embarassed Evil or Very Mad

the should miss.. ****** Mad
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

https://gazonlinegbfc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Take That snubbed by Brits again - Sun Online - 22.01.09 Empty Re: Take That snubbed by Brits again - Sun Online - 22.01.09

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:30 pm

HEHE))
it could be soooooo cool if they were 'stuck in traffic' or something Rolling Eyes LOL!
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Location : Playing on Gary's... erm... Piano!!! {Israel, actually}

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:25 pm

Sir Barlows Cuddly Toy wrote:HEHE))
it could be soooooo cool if they were 'stuck in traffic' or something Rolling Eyes LOL!

:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

https://gazonlinegbfc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisa Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:07 pm

Admin wrote:
Sir Barlows Cuddly Toy wrote:HEHE))

:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

It would be hilarious!!!! Laughing Laughing laugh laugh
Elisa
Elisa
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down