GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simon Cowell's Take That regret‏

+3
GaryBarlowIsGod
Elisa
Ginny
7 posters

Go down

Simon Cowell's Take That regret‏ Empty Simon Cowell's Take That regret‏

Post by Ginny Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:04 pm

http://www.myparkmag.co.uk/articles/celebrity/simon-cowells-take-that-regret.html

Simon Cowell's Take That regret

Gary Barlow says Simon Cowell is "gutted" he didn't sign Take That.

The 38-year-old singer denied reports the music mogul told the British group - comprising at the time Gary, Robbie Williams, Mark Owen, Howard Donald and Jason Orange - to "sack the fat one" if they wanted to work with him.

Gary, who has battled weight problems in the past, said: "No, Simon didn't say that. I can see it's a great story and he gets quoted saying it but I've asked him and it's not true. He pointed us towards RCA. And you know what? I think he's gutted he did that."

The singer has also opened up about the demise of the band in the 90s, revealing he was so hurt by negative comments he hated telling people who he was.

Gary - who has enjoyed chart success since the band reformed in 2005 minus Robbie - added to Q magazine: "I was really embarrassed to use my credit card over the phone because when I said 'Gary Barlow' people would just laugh or sneer. Not a good experience at all."

Source: GBML

Poor, my luv !!! Crying or Very sad Come with me... I'll give you all the love that you need ! love gary
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

https://gazonlinegbfc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Simon Cowell's Take That regret‏ Empty Re: Simon Cowell's Take That regret‏

Post by Elisa Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:12 pm

Admin wrote:

Gary - who has enjoyed chart success since the band reformed in 2005 minus Robbie - added to Q magazine: "I was really embarrassed to use my credit card over the phone because when I said 'Gary Barlow' people would just laugh or sneer. Not a good experience at all."

Poor, my luv !!! Crying or Very sad Come with me... I'll give you all the love that you need ! love gary

Well if I start to think about Gary's calling me and I pick the phone up and he says: "That's Gary"...oh my!!!!!! affraid affraid affraid
Elisa
Elisa
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:23 pm

swapricot wrote:
Admin wrote:

Well if I start to think about Gary's calling me and I pick the phone up and he says: "That's Gary"...oh my!!!!!! affraid affraid affraid

i m not sure of my reaction though! anything is possible in me laugh
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:30 pm

Admin wrote:http://www.myparkmag.co.uk/articles/celebrity/simon-cowells-take-that-regret.html

Lea, i didn't get the whole idea about the bitterness and what had happened as Gary told here...
Can you rephrase in plain English (i hope that that is my problem and not comprehansion difficulties, PMSL!!)
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Location : Playing on Gary's... erm... Piano!!! {Israel, actually}

Back to top Go down

Post by garysaussiegirl Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:35 pm

Are you talking about "sack the fat one " Jen ?? If so I think it means that Simon would have signed them if they had gotten rid of Gary !!! Simon is an idiot and he prob did say it.Why would he admit to Gaz that he said it !! he would be too gutless.Poor Gaz,how many articles do we have to read that say "Gary ,who used to have a weight problem" grrrrr
garysaussiegirl
garysaussiegirl
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:09 pm

garysaussiegirl wrote:Are you talking about "sack the fat one " Jen ?? If so I think it means that Simon would have signed them if they had gotten rid of Gary !!! Simon is an idiot and he prob did say it.Why would he admit to Gaz that he said it !! he would be too gutless.Poor Gaz,how many articles do we have to read that say "Gary ,who used to have a weight problem" grrrrr
yeah, that bit, and the part with Gary being embarrassed to give his own name over the phone, when was that.. i mean,i don't get it. am i that stupid-o?Very Happy
Thanks for rephrasing first bit though, it does make sense
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post by garysaussiegirl Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Sir Barlows Cuddly Toy wrote:
garysaussiegirl wrote:Are you talking about "sack the fat one " Jen ?? If so I think it means that Simon would have signed them if they had gotten rid of Gary !!! Simon is an idiot and he prob did say it.Why would he admit to Gaz that he said it !! he would be too gutless.Poor Gaz,how many articles do we have to read that say "Gary ,who used to have a weight problem" grrrrr
yeah, that bit, and the part with Gary being embarrassed to give his own name over the phone, when was that.. i mean,i don't get it. am i that stupid-o?Very Happy

Don't say that you are not stupid !! That article isn't written very well it is hard to follow.I think the credit card part means you know when the whole Robbie/Gary thing was happening and then some people started to get really down on Gaz and make fun of him.I think he means when he would tell people over the phone who he was they would laugh and snigger like he was a loser or something.
garysaussiegirl
garysaussiegirl
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:06 pm

garysaussiegirl wrote:

Don't say that you are not stupid !! That article isn't written very well it is hard to follow.I think the credit card part means you know when the whole Robbie/Gary thing was happening and then some people started to get really down on Gaz and make fun of him.I think he means when he would tell people over the phone who he was they would laugh and snigger like he was a loser or something.

THank you Kristy! *hugs Kristy in a 'special' way Razz *
god, this stupid snipet make my heart break to zillion pieces, though i've read such media articles many- many times before in the past years.. i DO still care, and it still DOES hurt me as if i was missus Barlow or somefink *rolls eyes* Very Happy
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:05 pm

garysaussiegirl wrote:

god, this stupid snipet make my heart break to zillion pieces, though i've read such media articles many- many times before in the past years.. i DO still care, and it still DOES hurt me as if i was missus Barlow or somefink *rolls eyes* Very Happy

Still breaks my heart aswell!! I just ain't got words for it anymore.
I saw this interview from friday night is allright from back in 1999, where even Gary kept joking about it all but you could clearly see he did care.
the presenter then said things like 'dont sell yourself short mate, all that media have unloaded so much on ya, you're thinking negative but ppl are glad to see ya. Do your thing my friend!!' I loved that interview, you could clearly see how Gary was idd affected by all the bad media. Might be dumb now, but I still cry when I see that interview, thinking of the way he was told off by RCA and all them other ppl.
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary´s LittleLearner Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:45 pm

only 3 things to say....

1- THAT SIMON COWELL IS IDIOT !!!!!!! if Gary tell me to go work with him I GO without think !! he is 1 of the best songwriters and artis of the moment !!!

2 - Gary , why did you get embarrased ?? If he told me by phone....mail...or whatever.he is Gary Barlow....I get in shock...I donlt k now why he gets embarrased when he give his own name Rolling Eyes

3- "Gary ,who used to have a weight problem´´ Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad WHO said that ??? ¬¬ what is more important ? he is a artis or his weight ???

poor.... Rolling Eyes
Gary´s LittleLearner
Gary´s LittleLearner

http://penelopevega.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:36 am

PenélopeGB wrote:only 3 things to say....

1- THAT SIMON COWELL IS IDIOT !!!!!!! if Gary tell me to go work with him I GO without think !! he is 1 of the best songwriters and artis of the moment !!!

2 - Gary , why did you get embarrased ?? If he told me by phone....mail...or whatever.he is Gary Barlow....I get in shock...I donlt k now why he gets embarrased when he give his own name Rolling Eyes

3- "Gary ,who used to have a weight problem´´ Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad WHO said that ??? ¬¬ what is more important ? he is a artis or his weight ???

poor.... Rolling Eyes
I agree with each and every word, Pe!!!! Twisted Evil
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:37 am

Stien wrote:
garysaussiegirl wrote:

I saw this interview from friday night is allright from back in 1999, where even Gary kept joking about it all but you could clearly see he did care.
the presenter then said things like 'dont sell yourself short mate, all that media have unloaded so much on ya, you're thinking negative but ppl are glad to see ya. Do your thing my friend!!' I loved that interview, you could clearly see how Gary was idd affected by all the bad media. Might be dumb now, but I still cry when I see that interview, thinking of the way he was told off by RCA and all them other ppl.
Hun, sooooo true!!!!
What itnerview was that, btw? do you recall year/presenter?
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:49 pm

Stien wrote:
garysaussiegirl wrote:

Hun, sooooo true!!!!
What itnerview was that, btw? do you recall year/presenter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F11EOyXW6Gs
found it on youtube!!
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Leannesg1986 Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:10 am

Stien wrote:

found it on youtube!!

Oh I remember seeing back when it was first aired and again a few months ago!! Ian Wright (the presenter - is a legend) and the fact he had such supportive words for our Gaz made me like him even more!!!
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

https://www.facebook.com/leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Post by garysaussiegirl Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:36 pm

garysaussiegirl wrote:

Thats ok my luffly!!!
garysaussiegirl
garysaussiegirl
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by garysaussiegirl Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:39 pm

Leannesg1986 wrote:
Stien wrote:

found it on youtube!!

Oh I remember seeing back when it was first aired and again a few months ago!! Ian Wright (the presenter - is a legend) and the fact he had such supportive words for our Gaz made me like him even more!!!

Thanks so much for posting the link to the interview.
I too am lovin Ian Wright after watching that,what an awesome guy !!..Seriously my heart just broke watching that,and it makes me hate that "knob" even more.Poor Gaz that was such a tough time he was going through.Thank God it's not like that now for Gaz,he is the king!! and where is that "knob" these days,oh thats right...who cares !!!!
garysaussiegirl
garysaussiegirl
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:16 pm

OMG< Stien!!! THANK YOU!
I've never seen this interview before.. and i'm practically in tears right now. it's too emotional for me, seeing how much he was hurt during the itnerview.
the way he bites his lower lip, and the way his mouth goes on the side a lil bit- it's the gary i fell in love with back then!!! OMG, i miss this Gary so much!!
I'm sorry but i'm jsut too overwhelmed with emotions right now, good nobody at the office can see me like that..........
PS: HOW HOT IS HE IN THE ITNERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THAT 'Corneto' LAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:57 pm

Sir Barlows Cuddly Toy wrote:OMG< Stien!!! THANK YOU!
I've never seen this interview before.. and i'm practically in tears right now. it's too emotional for me, seeing how much he was hurt during the itnerview.
the way he bites his lower lip, and the way his mouth goes on the side a lil bit- it's the gary i fell in love with back then!!! OMG, i miss this Gary so much!!
I'm sorry but i'm jsut too overwhelmed with emotions right now, good nobody at the office can see me like that..........
PS: HOW HOT IS HE IN THE ITNERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THAT 'Corneto' LAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

I had exactly the same with this interview!!!!! I felt down for a whole evening actually after watching this.
You can see the true Gary in this interview definatly!!
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:10 pm

Stien wrote:
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

I had exactly the same with this interview!!!!! I felt down for a whole evening actually after watching this.
There's such a big difference between Gary in TT and Gary solo... I'm not saying that he acts now, god forbids, bu he's less volnorable when with the other 3, and is being totally himself, when he's solo... that is when i melt inside and wish he would never ever be as sad, and bite his lower lip like that ever again, regardless to how handsome he is when he soes that. sniff
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:34 pm

Stien wrote:
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

There's such a big difference between Gary in TT and Gary solo... I'm not saying that he acts now, god forbids, bu he's less volnorable when with the other 3, and is being totally himself, when he's solo... that is when i melt inside and wish he would never ever be as sad, and bite his lower lip like that ever again, regardless to how handsome he is when he soes that. sniff

I know what u mean, i feel the same b ut you should be aware that back then gaz was also younger and also you are more unexperience, more vulnerable, more naïve...
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:06 am

Admin wrote:
Stien wrote:
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

I know what u mean, i feel the same b ut you should be aware that back then gaz was also younger and also you are more unexperience, more vulnerable, more naïve...

Offcourse we are aware Smile but it's the Gary we fell in love with in the first place. But than again, a guy with a little confidence looks even better. Just look at him now Shocked Very Happy
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:27 am

Stien wrote:
Admin wrote:
Stien wrote:
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Offcourse we are aware Smile but it's the Gary we fell in love with in the first place. But than again, a guy with a little confidence looks even better. Just look at him now Shocked Very Happy

yeahhh i know what u mean, love
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down