GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Take That bio due in october!

3 posters

Go down

New Take That bio due in october! Empty New Take That bio due in october!

Post by British_flower Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:08 pm

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/83122-page.html

Penguin signs Take That

World Rights to a photographic book by Take That have been acquired by Rowland White at Michael Joseph from Eugenie Furniss and Sol Parker at William Morris and Jonathan Wild at 10 Management. The book is to be published in two volumes and will celebrate the Take That story, from the formation of the band in 1990 right up to the present day.

The images will include personal pictures, previously unseen images from the Take That archive, as well as specially commissioned, stunning new photography. The accompanying text will be written by the band.

Jonathan Wild, on behalf of the band said: "The guys have wanted to do a book for a long time, but it was important that the timing, as well as the creative idea was right. They’re really looking forward to producing what will be a fantastic collector’s piece featuring imagery spanning almost two decades along with comment which is both honest and personal."

White said: "The inspiring return of Take That has been pop's biggest and best good news story. And nothing short of astonishing. I'm very proud indeed that Penguin will be collaborating with the nation’s favourite band on this ground- breaking and enormously exciting project."

The book will be published in October 2009 following the band’s summer tour.
British_flower
British_flower

Back to top Go down

New Take That bio due in october! Empty Re: New Take That bio due in october!

Post by British_flower Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:10 pm

plus from the sun today to complete this:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2386985.ece

ROBBIE WILLIAMS could be working with TAKE THAT again soon — but, sadly, not on music.

The man band have just signed a deal, worth six figures each, to pen an official band biography with pictures.

It will come in two plush volumes and paves the way for Robbie to get his biro out and scribble some thoughts on the good old days. Jonathan Wild, on the band’s behalf, says: “The guys have wanted to do a book for a long time but it was important that the timing, as well as the creative idea, was right.

“They’re looking forward to producing a fantastic collector’s piece with imagery spanning almost two decades and comment which is honest and personal.”

I hear it will cost £25 and is the result of a raft of unofficial biographies hitting the shops. Dads GARY BARLOW, MARK OWEN and HOWARD DONALD also have little mouths to feed, of course. And JASON ORANGE has holistic medicines, vitamin supplements and yoga lessons to pay for.

Above is how the lads would look if they got together now.

The lads will get creative control over the two books — with some of their personal snaps included.

I can’t wait to see Robbie playing with alien pals in Wiltshire’s crop circles in the Now volume.
British_flower
British_flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Leannesg1986 Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:38 pm

£25!?!?! Is that a joke!?!?! Thats daylight bloody robbery for a book!!! Whether its a take that book or not!!! I hope they rethink that prce tag before putting it up for sale!! On a different note though I can't wait for this!!! The 'Take That - Now & Then' book that was released was rubbish!! I was reading it thinking to myself well that parts not true and neithers that bit! It was just full of stuff that wasn't true!! So much so I stopped reading it about 4 chapters in and haven't picked it up again since!! I hope this one will be a better, more truthful read that that one!! Smile
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

https://www.facebook.com/leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Post by garysaussiegirl Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:10 pm

I am excited about a book but agree with Lea,once thats converted to aussie $$ with postage aswell it will prob be around the $70.00 mark for me.Not that it will stop me from buying it though Laughing .It will be good to have an official biography!!
garysaussiegirl
garysaussiegirl
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by British_flower Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:34 pm

maybe they will release it as well as a pocket book which would be cheaper then...Gary did with My Take as well!
British_flower
British_flower

Back to top Go down

Post by garysaussiegirl Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:37 pm

British_flower wrote:maybe they will release it as well as a pocket book which would be cheaper then...Gary did with My Take as well!

I bought both versions of my take haha.I can't help myself when it's thatter stuff!!! lol!
garysaussiegirl
garysaussiegirl
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Leannesg1986 Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:00 pm

garysaussiegirl wrote:
British_flower wrote:maybe they will release it as well as a pocket book which would be cheaper then...Gary did with My Take as well!

I bought both versions of my take haha.I can't help myself when it's thatter stuff!!! lol!

Loool!!! I bought both versions of My Take too!! Razz And I probably will buy the hard & paperback versions of this if we get them too!! Laughing
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

https://www.facebook.com/leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Post by British_flower Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:22 am

Leannesg1986 wrote:
garysaussiegirl wrote:

Loool!!! I bought both versions of My Take too!! Razz And I probably will buy the hard & paperback versions of this if we get them too!! Laughing

bought both versions as well:=) mainly also because there are 2 more chapters in the pocket book version...
British_flower
British_flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down