GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manic Street Preachers' Nicky Wire compares Take That to Neil Young

2 posters

Go down

Manic Street Preachers' Nicky Wire compares Take That to Neil Young Empty Manic Street Preachers' Nicky Wire compares Take That to Neil Young

Post by Ginny Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:41 pm

http://www.nme.com/news/manic-street-preachers/46749

Manic Street Preachers' Nicky Wire compares Take That to Neil Young

'Patience' greatest comeback single in history' says bassist

Manic Street Preachers' Nicky Wire has compared Take That to Neil Young.

The bassist told the Guardian he thought their 2006 single 'Patience' was the "greatest" comeback song ever – and that it did not gain the recognition it deserved.

"It's the greatest comeback single in history," he declared. "If Neil Young had written it, people would be calling it a masterpiece."

Wire added: "It's got such a dark lyric: 'My heart is numb, has no feeling/So while I'm still healing/Just try and have a little patience'. There's also a maturity about it that suits the boys all grown-up.

"Gary Barlow is a genius, I won't have anyone argue against him. When [Arctic Monkeys frontman] Alex Turner slagged off Take That [at an awards ceremony in 2006] I nearly lost it. James [Dean Bradfield, his band-mate] was grabbing me by the arm, saying, 'Don't lose it, Nicky.'

"You get so many alternative bands banging on about how to make perfect pop, and this kicks all their arses."

source: GBML
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

https://gazonlinegbfc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Manic Street Preachers' Nicky Wire compares Take That to Neil Young Empty Re: Manic Street Preachers' Nicky Wire compares Take That to Neil Young

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:07 pm

Thank you for the post, ginny Smile

I actually love MSP and respect their music a lot, and now that they have praised TT's achievements, just wont them extra point from me here, lol Smile
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Location : Playing on Gary's... erm... Piano!!! {Israel, actually}

Back to top Go down