GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take That Let it Be

2 posters

Go down

Take That Let it Be Empty Take That Let it Be

Post by Ginny Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:59 pm

THE TAKE THAT boys never stop surprising me - now they've got a secret BEE GEES karaoke tribute act, the GBs.
Their amusing alter-ego - a pun on GARY BARLOW's initials - comes to light on the lads' new live DVD, which I got to see yesterday.

Gary, MARK OWEN, HOWARD DONALD and JASON ORANGE sing a version of their own hit Rule The World in the high-pitched style of the Gibb brothers at the Abbey Road studios.

It's priceless.

Sadly, it won't ever come out as a single. But the man band are sure to get a double No1 with the DVD and the audio CD.

They are massive fans of the Bee Gees, and once covered their hit How Deep Is Your Love.

Take That Present: The Circus Live DVD, comes out on November 23.

If you're struggling for a Christmas present for the missus, your mum, auntie or sister - this is it. There's no shame in blokes owning it either. It's a two-disc masterpiece.

On the first disc is the brilliant Circus tour recorded at Wembley. It's a chance to relive the live show, which has to go down in history as one of the best.
The second is a slick film of the boys at Abbey Road doing a stripped-down version of The Circus album, with interviews between songs.
The session is shot beautifully in black and white.
The album version - just the - comes out a week later, on November 30.

There are a few nice moments in the film when the lads banter between takes. Here are some of the highlights.

Gary: "When I was 15 I entered a comp to win a session at Abbey Road studio to record a song and then watch it being cut on vinyl. I won it. So one of my first ever recording experiences was here. It's been downhill ever since!"

Howard: "We've got a much bigger friendship now than we ever did. Gary used to write everything at such a rate we were always catching up. It's different now, with all of us sharing the writing."

Gary: "I throw gems, diamonds into the air, and they are all thrown back at me!"

Jason: "I'm the most negative in the band, asking, 'Can we do it better?' all the time. I always question if what we are doing is good enough."

Mark: "I was apprehensive about going into the studio to write together. Sometimes one of us has to go down a certain path with an idea before we all decide it's s***."

Jason: "The whole thing is greater than the sum of the parts. That realisation is a great thing. We need each other."

Mark: "I have written some great songs in my sleep. I sing lyrics into my phone. I'll wake up in the night and sing into my Dictaphone and try not to wake the missus.
"When I wake up in the morning it's just me mumbling and falling asleep - but when I'm dreaming I hear all the string arrangements and everything."

The sell-out Circus tour was seen by an incredible 1.2million people earlier this year.

Now there's every chance Take That could have the Christmas No1 DVD and album. Good luck to them.

THE Bee Gees reached No3 with their classic How Deep Is Your Love in 1977. When Take That released it in March 1996 - weeks after announcing they were splitting - it went to No1.

Fuente: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... z0VPqqt8Et

source: http://greenladiesforo.mi-web.es/board/take-that-let-it-bee-t243.html
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

https://gazonlinegbfc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Take That Let it Be Empty Re: Take That Let it Be

Post by Courtney :) Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:06 am

Woooo cant wait! Very Happy
Courtney :)