GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary works with Paul Pashley

Go down

Gary works with Paul Pashley Empty Gary works with Paul Pashley

Post by Ginny Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:07 pm

Christmas gift - Paul Pashley gets songs by Gary Barlow, Bryan Adams and Eliot KennedyPremium Article !Your account has been frozen. For your available options click the below button.
Options
Premium Article !To read this article in full you must have registered and have a Premium Content Subscription with the Sheffield Star site.
Subscribe
Registered Article !To read this article in full you must be registered with the site.
Sign InRegister
CROONER: Paul Pashley

« Previous
« Previous
Next »
Next »View GalleryADVERTISEMENTPublished Date: 20 November 2009
By Graham Walker
Digital Editor
TAKE That superstar Gary Barlow, rock legend Bryan Adams and Sheffield's Eliot Kennedy have written three new songs – for the city's own crooner Paul Pashley.
And the 30-year-old Sinatra-style singer will perform one of the tracks in a world exclusive at Sheffield's Christmas lights switch on, on the Real Radio stage, this Sunday, November 22, 2009.

VIDEO: Click the play button to watch our video interview with Paul Pashley.

READ MORE: 30,000 expected at Sheffield Christmas lights switch-on

Singer songwriter Eliot is also taking the spotlight at the Xmas lights switch on to give the first public performance of his new charity song, World At Your Feet – which has now been adopted as the official anthem of the Sheffield 2018 Back The Bid campaign, to bring World Cup matches to the city.

Little Boots and Beverley Knight will also be there, performing their hits and taking part oin the main lights sitch on, at 5pm.

Paul is still pinching himself after Eliot, a songwriting partner of Barlow and Adams, invited him to his Steelworks Studio to sing new big band material written by the three.

Now, following a substantial investment by a consortium led by city businesman Tony Wilkinson, the tracks are being recorded for commercial release and to attract a major record deal.

Paul is also working on big band arrangements of modern pop songs, including the Arctic Monkey's smash hit, You Look Good On The Dance Floor. But his repertoire includes classic standards, such as Fly Me To The Moon, Sway and From Russia With Love.

Plans are underway to showcase him with a Sheffield city centre concert next month – when he will be backed by his own big band.

The former Myrtle Springs School pupil, whose parents still live in Arbourthorne, has performed in Sheffield for Beverley Lister's charity Sincere Support, including a City Hall concert. He also launched the city's 2009 series of Wednesday Night Live.

He is busy touring the UK and abroad, where he is well established on the corporate, weddings and fundraising circuit as Britain's own Michael Buble.

Paul will give fans a taste of what's to come next at the lights switch on this Sunday, when he performs songs including Kissing A Dream, written by Eliot and Gary Barlow.

"To have new songs written for me by Eliot, Gary and Bryan Adams is phenomenal. It hasn't sunk in yet,'' said Paul.

"I've started working on the songs, which are amazing. And It's special just being in the same room as Eliot and chatting to him, knowing that he's got so much knowledge. We are there having a coffee and he takes a call from Gary Barlow. Just having some banter with him is really special. He's absolutely lovely to work with. The guy just oozes talent and class. He has these ideas and they work so well.

"I've got such a great team of people behind me and a lot of people to thank, some very generous and influential people. It's all linked to Sheffield – the investment, Tony, Eliot Kennedy. It's all happened back home and that's very special to me."

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/TAKE-THAT-Paul-Pashley-lights.5842165.jp

source: http://greenladiesforo.mi-web.es/board/gary-trabaja-con-otro-artista-t273.html
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

https://gazonlinegbfc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down