GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We LOVE Erin’s Take That anecdote!, Heatworld 21.11.2008

2 posters

Go down

We LOVE Erin’s Take That anecdote!, Heatworld 21.11.2008 Empty We LOVE Erin’s Take That anecdote!, Heatworld 21.11.2008

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:05 pm

Now, because of the way she carries herself, we’ve always thought of supermodel Erin O’Connor as a bit of a cold fish – but it just proves that we were wrong to judge her just because she's tall and striking, because now we absolutely love her. Why's that? Well, as you will have seen, Erin stars with Take That in those lovely Christmassy M&S ads, and it turns out she’s a massive TT fan and was totally starstruck! Who’d’ve thought it? She’s written about her experience for her Vogue.com blog, and we can so relate to her (er, apart from the fact that she’s a supermodel and we’re, well, not):

So, I've just had the privilege of watching a preview of the new M&S Christmas TV ad starring the world's favourite boy (man) band, Take That! Yum, yum, yum and yum (I think that's all of them).
Can you imagine the thrill, combined with sheer stage fright, that I felt sharing the stage with my favourite band?
They may think they saw a 6-foot 4-inch (in heels) Amazonian woman, but what I really felt like was a 3-foot 2-inch giddy and frolicking fawn – albeit complete with gorgeous frock and Christmassy accessories.
I kept having to remind myself of the fact that I was no longer the 15-year-old girl that waited in vain (little sister in tow), to catch a glimpse of the boys at the stage door after what was a memorable, if ear drum perforating, concert.
Cut to: Angry dad unable to locate daughters in question, finally picked up from security one hour after agreed time and miles away from previously scheduled pickup point. Think early Nineties, no mobile phones, and no sensible brain cells equals TAKE THIS – grounded for a month!!
Do you know what was the most nerve-racking element of all? That they are all insanely normal boys, without a diva strop in sight. I wonder if they have any idea how odd it feels to be the one performing in front of THEM?
Aside from many other varied attacks of the shys, I:
a) Kept slipping into a pseudo-Northern drawl (even though I'm from Birmingham);
b) Desperately tried not to sing one of their tunes aloud;
c) Tried not to stare intently at them without having anything to say for myself.
With love to my special little friend Louise, who made the day even more memorable... Could it be magic? Yes it could!

http://www.heatworld.com/Article/8087/Take+That/We+Love+Erin%E2%80%99s+Take+That+anecdote
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Location : Playing on Gary's... erm... Piano!!! {Israel, actually}

Back to top Go down

We LOVE Erin’s Take That anecdote!, Heatworld 21.11.2008 Empty Re: We LOVE Erin’s Take That anecdote!, Heatworld 21.11.2008

Post by Ginny Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:35 am

ohh dammn, how lovely she sounds Razz

wish i was model too to star in front of them like her Rolling Eyes queen lol!
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

https://gazonlinegbfc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down