GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why it's cool to love Take That!! The Sun 9.12.2008

2 posters

Go down

Why it's cool to love Take That!! The Sun 9.12.2008 Empty Why it's cool to love Take That!! The Sun 9.12.2008

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:16 am

In case you've been wondering...
------
"IT is one of the great comebacks in pop history.

After 432,000 first-week sales of their new album, Take That rank alongside giants Oasis and Coldplay.

And now anyone from girls to trendy blokes can like them.

Here Radio1 DJ Edith Bowman, a champion of cutting edge bands, says why . . .
IF you want any proof about how it has become acceptable to like Take That now, then I can provide it.

I was at the MTV awards in Liverpool a few weeks ago and I was on the red carpet interviewing guests for Scott Mills’ show.
We were over- running a bit and it passed 7pm and we started eating into Zane Lowe’s show.

I asked Zane, who bear in mind is about as cutting edge as you can get, if he wanted me to grab anyone like Lemar or The Killers. ‘Or how about Take That?’ I joked. I thought he’d tell me where to go.

But straight away he said, ‘Hell yeah, can you get me Gary Barlow?’

Then on air he proceeded to profess his love for the man band and hail the songwriting genius of Gary.

I challenge anyone who still thinks Take That are a boy band to compare Barlow’s songwriting with the likes of Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol or Tom Chaplin from Keane.

There’s not a great difference between the three. Yet, for some reason, there is still a stigma attached to loving Take That, particularly for blokes.

But that, thankfully, is changing.

I’ve always loved Take That. I went to see them at the MEN Arena in Manchester when I was 15 and it was a great night.

I’ve enjoyed all sorts of music from loads of different genres but there will always be a place for Take That.

Back in the day they penned pop classics including Back For Good and Never Forget. For me, the old stuff never died.

I’ve always been out of the closet with my love for them. It’s never been a problem for me to hold my hand up and proudly say, ‘I am a Take That fan’.

A lot of the cool kids turned their noses up when the band announced they were to reform.

But slowly there has been a realisation, particularly among a lot of blokes, that the new stuff is quality.

Although, sadly, a lot of them will be scared to admit it till the day they die.

I’m glad it’s becoming easier to confess to being a fan, though, and the more guys who put their prejudice aside and say they are into it, the better.

The band are incredibly likeable, they don’t pretend they’re anything they’re not.

They are just a bunch of wholesome guys and great role models for anyone who looks up to them.

For those who still refuse to accept they are a great band who write great songs, then I say it’s time to get over the fact they are Take That.

I’m on the judging panel for the Brits next year and, in the Best British Album category they are in there with The Streets, Snow Patrol, Razorlight and Coldplay.

And they are as deserving, if not more so, than any of those others. Why shouldn’t they win? They are, after all, the full package.

They sing live, they write their own stuff, they look fantastic and they never stray too much from who they really are.

That old adage about a good bottle of wine also applies to Take That.

They just keep getting better and better with age.

http://www.zend2.com/browse.php?u=Oi8vd3d3LnRoZXN1bi5jby51ay9zb2wvaG9tZXBhZ2UvZmVhdHVyZXMvYXJ0aWNsZTIwMTc2MDAuZWNl&b=13
(hope the link works)
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Location : Playing on Gary's... erm... Piano!!! {Israel, actually}

Back to top Go down

Why it's cool to love Take That!! The Sun 9.12.2008 Empty Re: Why it's cool to love Take That!! The Sun 9.12.2008

Post by Ginny Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:16 pm

didnt work the link but the news is great and nothing that we didnt know by now lol Wink
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

https://gazonlinegbfc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down