GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bring TOTP back for good!! The sun, 5.12.2008

2 posters

Go down

Bring TOTP back for good!! The sun, 5.12.2008 Empty Bring TOTP back for good!! The sun, 5.12.2008

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:55 am

CRACKERS won’t be the only thing going pop on Christmas Day.
Today I can reveal the acts who will be gracing our TV screens on the Top Of The Pops Christmas Special.

And it promises to be a poptastic affair — lead from the front by chart kings TAKE THAT.

Back for Christmas ... Top Of The Pops
Like the weekly show in 2006, the festive special was axed by BBC Scrooges this year but the Christmas show was reinstated after I campaigned for its return.

GIRLS ALOUD, PUSSYCAT DOLLS, DUFFY, KAISER CHIEFS, DIZZEE RASCAL and CALVIN HARRIS, McFLY and of course the X Factor winner — I mean the artist with the Christmas No.1 — will perform in a celebration of pop music which dominated the charts.

And yesterday stars of the show Take That — who had a No. 1 in 1995 with Back For Good — begged BBC bosses to restore TOTP to its weekly slot for good too.

MARK OWEN told me: “Top Of The Pops is a national institution. It should come back every week.”

Take That will perform current single Greatest Day and promise a “special” performance.

ROBBIE WILLIAMS to be flown in from the wings dressed as an angel maybe?

Girls Aloud will sing The Promise, Duffy will belt out Mercy, Pussycat Dolls will flash some flesh to I Hate This Part, and the Kaisers are to play their hit Never Miss a Beat.

Reggie is particularly excited about introducing Dizzee and Calvin’s No1 smash Dance Wiv Me.

He told me yesterday: “When they said they weren’t going to do Top Of The Pops I was a bit in shock like everyone else but I’m glad it’s back.

“I’m really looking forward to seeing Dizzee perform because he’s a friend of mine.”

Fearne said she’d love it if the weekly show returned, but added: “It would have to be in the right way.”

More acts for the special will be confirmed in coming days but I can spot a gaping whole in the line-up.

Rock veterans STATUS QUO have released their first festive song, It’s Christmas Time, but are absent from the pop-orientated performers’ list.

I can feel another campaign coming on...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2005756.ece
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Location : Playing on Gary's... erm... Piano!!! {Israel, actually}

Back to top Go down

Bring TOTP back for good!! The sun, 5.12.2008 Empty Re: Bring TOTP back for good!! The sun, 5.12.2008

Post by Ginny Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:21 pm

well, thats great !! TOTP are like part of British emblem Razz
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

https://gazonlinegbfc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down