GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take That Shunned Chance To Work With Lily Allen!! Gigwise 8.12.2008

3 posters

Go down

Take That Shunned Chance To Work With Lily Allen!! Gigwise 8.12.2008 Empty Take That Shunned Chance To Work With Lily Allen!! Gigwise 8.12.2008

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:10 am

Lily Allen has revealed that Take That turned down an invitation to collaborate with her on her new album.

Allen asked the boy band to appear on the track 'Who'd Of Known' after a friend noted its resemblance to the boy band's single, 'Shine'.

However, in an interview with the Observer, Allen said the band rejected the invitation, even though they have endorsed the song's inclusion on her new album.

"I was looking forward to doing a video with them," she said. “Me and Mark Owen holding hands.”

Allen's new studio album, 'It's Not Me, It's You', is released on February 9th.

As previously reported on Gigwise, the singer has extended her UK tour with an extra date in London.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/48058/Take-That-Shunned-Chance-To-Work-With-Lily-Allen

That's just plain stupid, Lilly.. wanting to collaborate with TT just so you could hold hands with Markie :laugh :wtf
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Location : Playing on Gary's... erm... Piano!!! {Israel, actually}

Back to top Go down

Take That Shunned Chance To Work With Lily Allen!! Gigwise 8.12.2008 Empty Re: Take That Shunned Chance To Work With Lily Allen!! Gigwise 8.12.2008

Post by Ginny Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:34 pm

Razz Razz Razz
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

https://gazonlinegbfc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Take That Shunned Chance To Work With Lily Allen!! Gigwise 8.12.2008 Empty Re: Take That Shunned Chance To Work With Lily Allen!! Gigwise 8.12.2008

Post by Leannesg1986 Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:04 am

"I was looking forward to doing a video with them," she said. “Me and Mark Owen holding hands.”

She wishes....they are far too classy to appear in a video or collaborate with her!! Take That Shunned Chance To Work With Lily Allen!! Gigwise 8.12.2008 Rolleyes004 Laughing Razz
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

https://www.facebook.com/leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:47 am

teenage thinking, i su'pose:)

Last edited by Sir Barlows Cuddly Toy on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:35 pm

and another article here:
http://www.dose.ca/music/story.html?id=aaaa92de-8142-4126-ba16-c5384b3653a5

Ever the over-sharer (see her video blog, MySpace blog, catalogue of topless sunbathing shots), Lily Allen's been a sport about tossing us morsels from her upcoming album, It's Not Me, It's You - posting snippets of new tracks on her MySpace and releasing a couple of music videos, including the October debut of "Everyone's At It" and last week's dreamy "The Fear."

As for what the pop star has been up to (professionally, any way) since Alright, Still, Allen recently opened up to the Observer Music Monthly about the making of her new album, which is expected in stores Feb. 10.
According to the mag's critic, Allen's new LP is "packed with singles" - many of which take on personal subject matter - and is as much of a genre grab-bag as 2006's Alright, Still, with "urban beats rubbing up against Carpenters tunes, French accordion followed by Madness jollity."

However, one of those singles in-waiting - "Who'd of Known" - had Allen unwittingly ripping off another UK chart-topper.

The track reportedly sounds just like overgrown British boy band Take That's 2007 hit, "Shine."
"But I didn't know when we wrote it," Allen told the OMM. "Greg [Kurstin, producer] just played the chords and I sang and we were like, 'That's great, really hooky.' Then when we played it back to someone, they pointed it out that it was, essentially, 'Shine.'"

(To Allen's credit, she did much of the work on the upcoming record in L.A. - where terms such as "Ivor Novello-award-winning single," "Gary Barlow" and, uh, "Take That" would raise nary a botoxed eyebrow.)

Instead of scrapping the track, Allen says she tried to turn the accident into her latest star collab, asking the group to team up with her on the song. Maybe they're just holding out for Robbie Williams, but Take That politely declined - but not before giving Allen the go-ahead to record the track despite its apparently glaring similarities.

"I was looking forward to doing a video with them, me and Mark Owen holding hands," she said of her disappointment.
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down