GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terry Wogan Tips Take That And Robbie Williams For Eurovision Glory!! Gigwise 6.12.2008

3 posters

Go down

Terry Wogan Tips Take That And Robbie Williams For Eurovision Glory!! Gigwise 6.12.2008 Empty Terry Wogan Tips Take That And Robbie Williams For Eurovision Glory!! Gigwise 6.12.2008

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:13 am

Former Eurovision commentator Sir Terry Wogan has said Britain’s best chance of winning the song contest would come if an established act entered.

Sir Terry said countries in Eastern Europe would continue to dominate the competition unless Britain took action.

“The fact is eastern Europeans are putting their major stars to sing the songs so the votes are coming in,” he told the BBC.

“I've said it before, I think our best chance of winning would be if one of our major stars who are known all over Europe and the world like Take That, Boyzone or Robbie Williams took part.”

But Sir Terry, who stood down as the BBC’s Eurovision commentator this week, said none of them are “willing to take a chance on being beaten and you can't blame them because they might feel that this is a terrific blow.”

He added: “We have to be able to compete at the same level as the eastern European stars. I think that would make a difference.”

Eastern European countries have continued to dominate Eurovision over recent years as a result of favorable bloc voting.

As previously reported on Gigwise, Graham Norton is to replace Sir Terry at the 2009 song contest in Moscow, Russia.

He said Sir Terry was “an impossible act to follow” but “I just couldn't say no.”

Sir Terry's reputation as a no holds barred commentator and his many off the cuff remarks at singers won him huge support with the public.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/48039/Terry-Wogan-Tips-Take-That-And-Robbie-Williams-For-Eurovision-Glory

You guys probably know what my choice would be whistle
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Location : Playing on Gary's... erm... Piano!!! {Israel, actually}

Back to top Go down

Terry Wogan Tips Take That And Robbie Williams For Eurovision Glory!! Gigwise 6.12.2008 Empty Re: Terry Wogan Tips Take That And Robbie Williams For Eurovision Glory!! Gigwise 6.12.2008

Post by Ginny Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:36 pm

that wouldnt fair and doubt it'll do any good to the guys' career
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

https://gazonlinegbfc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Terry Wogan Tips Take That And Robbie Williams For Eurovision Glory!! Gigwise 6.12.2008 Empty Re: Terry Wogan Tips Take That And Robbie Williams For Eurovision Glory!! Gigwise 6.12.2008

Post by British_flower Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:20 pm

actually a German girlband (together through a casting show)called No Angels tried...and they got last position !
For sure our boys would be the best but...wouldn't suggest it for them...
British_flower
British_flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down