GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATED: Barlow planning 'X Factor' rival show!! Digitalplay 9.1.09

5 posters

Go down

UPDATED: Barlow planning 'X Factor' rival show!! Digitalplay 9.1.09 Empty UPDATED: Barlow planning 'X Factor' rival show!! Digitalplay 9.1.09

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Gary Barlow has held talks with the BBC about launching a new reality TV show to rival The X Factor.

The Take That singer wants to search for a new boyband to sign to his record label.

According to The Sun, Barlow first offered the idea to ITV, but was turned down by executives for fear of angering Simon Cowell. The star then approached the BBC, who have shown an interest in the concept.

"Gary is really keen to get into TV and has come up with a cracking idea. We’ve got high hopes for it. If it gets off the ground it could be something we do every year," a source told The Sun.

However, a spokesperson told DS: "We have had a very, very early meeting with Gary Barlow but it's nothing more than that at the moment. That's not to say we wouldn't like to work with him but nothing is even near commissioned at present."

Barlow recently revealed that he regularly attends small gigs in the hope of discovering new talent to sign to his company.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/realitytv/a140962/barlow-planning-x-factor-rival-show.html

-----

A penny for your thoughts on this one, guys?
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Location : Playing on Gary's... erm... Piano!!! {Israel, actually}

Back to top Go down

UPDATED: Barlow planning 'X Factor' rival show!! Digitalplay 9.1.09 Empty Re: UPDATED: Barlow planning 'X Factor' rival show!! Digitalplay 9.1.09

Post by Ginny Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:26 pm

a penny for my thoughts??

i tell you mine.... i wish i could disguised as guy and get in the show Razz
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

https://gazonlinegbfc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

UPDATED: Barlow planning 'X Factor' rival show!! Digitalplay 9.1.09 Empty Re: UPDATED: Barlow planning 'X Factor' rival show!! Digitalplay 9.1.09

Post by Leannesg1986 Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:26 am

A penny for my thoughts!?!

Nooooooooo!!! Dont do it!!!!! No

I think it could be a bad move if he did this especially after the flop that was Britannia High I know that actual show and crap actors/actresses had nothing to do with him but the fact his name was associated with such a failure of a show is bad enough!! Sad I just don't want him getting a bad name for himself in that industry...especially after he went through it all after the split and came back bigger and better than ever I'm a little protective of him!!! Laughing xx
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

https://www.facebook.com/leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:31 pm

Leannesg1986 wrote:A penny for my thoughts!?!

I think it could be a bad move if he did this especially after the flop that was Britannia High I know that actual show and crap actors/actresses had nothing to do with him but the fact his name was associated with such a failure of a show is bad enough!! Sad I just don't want him getting a bad name for himself in that industry...especially after he went through it all after the split and came back bigger and better than ever I'm a little protective of him!!! Laughing xx

Has Britannia became a flop, btw? I had no idea.
It's bad publicity. Undoubtfully.

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally don't want any of the lads to be thrown into that reality-tv pond, it's too filthy and merchendized Sad
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Location : Playing on Gary's... erm... Piano!!! {Israel, actually}

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary´s LittleLearner Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:25 pm

Sir Barlows Cuddly Toy wrote:Gary Barlow has held talks with the BBC about launching a new reality TV show to rival The X Factor.

The Take That singer wants to search for a new boyband to sign to his record label.

According to The Sun, Barlow first offered the idea to ITV, but was turned down by executives for fear of angering Simon Cowell. The star then approached the BBC, who have shown an interest in the concept.

"Gary is really keen to get into TV and has come up with a cracking idea. We’ve got high hopes for it. If it gets off the ground it could be something we do every year," a source told The Sun.

However, a spokesperson told DS: "We have had a very, very early meeting with Gary Barlow but it's nothing more than that at the moment. That's not to say we wouldn't like to work with him but nothing is even near commissioned at present."

Barlow recently revealed that he regularly attends small gigs in the hope of discovering new talent to sign to his company.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/realitytv/a140962/barlow-planning-x-factor-rival-show.html

-----

A penny for your thoughts on this one, guys?

GARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I´M HEREEEE REMEMBER ME !!!! cry I give you a Song.... cry
Gary´s LittleLearner
Gary´s LittleLearner

http://penelopevega.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Leannesg1986 Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:33 pm

Sir Barlows Cuddly Toy wrote:

Has Britannia became a flop, btw? I had no idea.
It's bad publicity. Undoubtfully.

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally don't want any of the lads to be thrown into that reality-tv pond, it's too filthy and merchendized Sad

Yeah Britannia High did not do that well...I'm not sure if they will be doing a 2nd series but the viewing figures were not very good. And as for the lads being thrown into a reality tv pond Mark already has been!! He took part in Celebrity Big Brother a couple of years back remember!! Although he did win it and had I think his most successful album off the back of it!!! Hopefully after this fantastic reunion they are enjoying none of them will need to fall into the reality tv trap again!!! *fingers crossed*

One of my fave lads from back in the day from the boyband A1 is in this years celebrity Big Brother such a shame his had to resort to it but I hope this is the start of getting his career back on track as he is also a successful producer/songwriter like Gaz. Hopefully this will be the making and not the breaking of him as it is for some!!! Question xxx
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

https://www.facebook.com/leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:08 pm

i know what u mean, feel the same.... i think if he does he will fall back again on bad press and stuff............
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary´s LittleLearner Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:35 pm

Admin wrote:

i know what u mean, feel the same.... i think if he does he will fall back again on bad press and stuff............

Shocked Shocked
Gary´s LittleLearner
Gary´s LittleLearner

http://penelopevega.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:48 am

Admin wrote:

I do feel that aswell. We're looking out for our Gary and worrying.
I had a bad feeling about this show aswell. Boybands ans stuff, I mean I thought they wanted to get rid of that boyband image. Sad
Anyways, let's just hope the best of it. But Reality shows are (for me personally) just too much. It's always the same, ppl like it it seems but... doesn't do it for me anyway.
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:47 pm

Stien wrote:
Admin wrote:

I do feel that aswell. We're looking out for our Gary and worrying.
I had a bad feeling about this show aswell. Boybands ans stuff, I mean I thought they wanted to get rid of that boyband image. Sad
Anyways, let's just hope the best of it. But Reality shows are (for me personally) just too much. It's always the same, ppl like it it seems but... doesn't do it for me anyway.

same here.... i dont like reality shows... its sometime too much pathetic and ridicolous!!
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down