GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Owen: Vodka session made us give it a shot - Sun newspaper - 05.02.09

Go down

Mark Owen: Vodka session made us give it a shot - Sun newspaper - 05.02.09 Empty Mark Owen: Vodka session made us give it a shot - Sun newspaper - 05.02.09

Post by Leannesg1986 Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:04 am

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2205948.ece

IMAGINE – if it wasn’t for a crazy night on the vodka there wouldn’t have been a TAKE THAT comeback.
The biggest manband on the planet only decided to give the fame game another shot after, well, several rounds of shots.

Back in 2005 when they reformed the lads originally met up just to film the ten-year anniversary documentary Take That: On The Record.

And until now grateful fans thought it was purely the success of that November TV performance which fuelled the amazing return of the fantastic foursome GARY BARLOW, MARK OWEN, HOWARD DONALD and JASON ORANGE.

But I can now reveal they nearly bottled it.

Turns out the decision was down to an alcoholically inspired all-nighter of a discussion.

Mark admits: “We only came back to do the ten-year documentary and to talk about what had happened and where we were now.

“And because of the feedback we got off that, people started saying would we tour again?

“And then one night me, Gary and Howard went out for a drink — and we had a couple of drinks — and we thought, ‘We can do it!’

“We were in the bar singing, ‘All I do each night is Pray... ’

“Basically we were a bit slopped up and we phoned Jay, I think he was at a wedding, and we said, ‘Jay, Jay, we’ve got this brilliant idea, come back.’

“So he came back from the wedding at two in the morning, we went round to Gary’s house and we stayed up ’til six, envisioning it, getting all really excited.

“Then we went home and slept and then obviously when you wake up it was like, ‘What have we just... What have we decided to do?’”

Gary agrees with Mr Owen, accepting: “I attribute it to booze”, as does Howard. He simply says: “It was Mr Smirnoff’s fault.”

The rest, as they say, is history and the band went on to Rule The World.

The Bizarre Lords have gone on to sell more than a million concert tickets in record time and more than a million copies of their latest album The Circus.

That’s a far better result than any of the hare-brained schemes anyone I know has ever come up with after in-depth talks with the aforementioned Mr Smirnoff.

Those lads are a real tonic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Erm....this articles is nothing we haven't heard before but theres not much else to report!! Laughing
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

https://www.facebook.com/leannesg1986

Back to top Go down