GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark goes solo... Take 4 - Sun Newspaper - 13.04.09

4 posters

Go down

Mark goes solo... Take 4 - Sun Newspaper - 13.04.09 Empty Mark goes solo... Take 4 - Sun Newspaper - 13.04.09

Post by Leannesg1986 Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:15 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2373819.ece

MARK OWEN is taking one more shot at a solo career — and it could well be fourth time lucky.
On a high from the pivotal role he played on TAKE THAT’s latest album, The Circus, Mark will go it alone after the band release the third and final record in their current three-album deal.

The dad-of-two is fast becoming one of the busiest men in showbiz — he is working on his new material in between attending father-and-toddler groups in south London with his little lad Elwood Jack and new tot Willow Rose.

A pal said: “Mark has loved the Take That reunion, every second of it.

“But he still has a huge desire to be on stage with his own band regardless of all the money, huge crowds and success he has been used to with TT.”

History isn’t on Mark’s side but I have a sneaky suspicion he might just do it.

His previous solo singles have done well — especially No3 Child, released after Take That split in 1996, and 2003’s No4 Four Minute Warning, hot on the heels of him winning Celebrity Big Brother.

Sadly, as my graph of his career shows, his three albums — Green Man, In Your Own Time and How The Mighty Fall — all flopped and he quietly put his third attempt at a solo career on hold when Take That decided to reform in 2006.

But things are different this time around.

He has improved as a songwriter after reuniting with GARY BARLOW and was a real driving force behind The Circus.

Mark also has impeccable music taste. PRIMAL SCREAM, STONE ROSES, OASIS, THE VERVE and a lot of small indie and rock acts are what he listens to when he’s not making grown women scream.

Before Take That got back together Mark was gigging at the dingy Barfly in Camden.

This summer he will join Gary, HOWARD DONALD, JASON ORANGE and possibly ROBBIE WILLIAMS on stage at Wembley Stadium.

It says a lot about him that he’s just as happy doing both.

Getting back to the top without his bandmates by his side definitely leaves Mark with a mountain to climb.

But as with Gary and Kilimanjaro — I reckon he’s got what it takes to reach the peak without them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I absolutely ADORE Marks solo work, to be completely honest, I probably like it more than Garys solo work affraid and definitely more than Robbies Neutral but I love Take Thats work more than all their solo careers put together!! x
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

https://www.facebook.com/leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Mark goes solo... Take 4 - Sun Newspaper - 13.04.09 Empty Re: Mark goes solo... Take 4 - Sun Newspaper - 13.04.09

Post by Elisa Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:01 pm

I hope they won't think they're solo careers are more important than the band one at the moment..even if personally I love all their solo albums!!! Very Happy
Elisa
Elisa
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Mark goes solo... Take 4 - Sun Newspaper - 13.04.09 Empty Re: Mark goes solo... Take 4 - Sun Newspaper - 13.04.09

Post by British_flower Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:36 pm

I can't see them honestly splitting up like in 96...Howard is dj ing so why can't he have his solo project?Still missing those small concerts of his solo time and of course Garys solo time though...
British_flower
British_flower

Back to top Go down

Post by British_flower Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:42 pm

actually webby from moo hasn't denied it yet so there could be some truth still can't see that this should be a reason for a split again though!They might take a break after the tour/next album but still can't see a split with press conference etc like in 96 again...
British_flower
British_flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Leannesg1986 Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:44 pm

I know rumours are going around that after this tour there will be no more tours. There will still be music as a 4some but they won't tour again, due to family commitments and other work commitments, ie. solo projects etc. Meaning they will still be a 4 piece just with solo commitments on the side (Howard & his djin, Mark going solo, Gary writing and producing music for other artists etc etc.) How true those rumours are I have no idea!??

This I personally don't mind, they are in a totally different place to what they were back in 96. I think they are more than able to pull off having their own things going on as well as the Take That thing. The main reason they split was because of them wanting to do their own thing and NMS not allowing them to. Robbie leaving just spurred the others on to finally do their own thing. Unfortunately back then, to do that meant to leave Take That behind.

Now they're older, wiser and have more of a say of what they do & don't do. They can do Take That and have other things going on on the side no problem!! Smile

I support Mark with his solo work 110%!! Just as long as he does the Take That thing aswell!! ;P
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

https://www.facebook.com/leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Post by The Princess Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:01 pm

I don't think there is too much truth in this. I struggle to believe that Mark is THAT stupid..
The Princess
The Princess
GazLuva
GazLuva

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vega%2C_Norway

Back to top Go down

Post by British_flower Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:17 pm

I will support him as well for sure Lea then :=)
British_flower
British_flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down