GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A holiday in the country (Gary ff again)

Go down

A holiday in the country (Gary ff again) Empty A holiday in the country (Gary ff again)

Post by Stien Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:16 pm

It was the beginning of september and Line was in her backyard doing some garden work. It was still hot for september about 25°C and Line had decided this was the perfect day to get some cleaning done before winter.
She enjoyed the sun on her back while sitting at the flowerbeds, laying down some isolation for the flowers so the roots wouldn’t freeze in the winter.

She lived in Moorhall, a little town just outside the Peak district. She loved living there, because it was so quiet living. She came there with her husband 7 years ago but now was a widow without children. She could never leave her house though, they had bought it together before he had to leave for Iraq.
The day she got the message, he had been killed by enemy fire, had been the worst day of her life. That was now 4 years ago, on the 9th of April, she recalled it very well. His picture was still standing on her mantle piece.
Her parents were allready pushing her to get a new man into her life and as all parents do they invited over a man for christmas last year. It was a nice fellow but she just didn’t feel up for a new love anytime soon. She was still thinking too much of Paul.

She finished laying the isolation and went back inside to wash her hands. Her dog tailed along, It was a Beagle, who listened to the name ‘Jamy’, he was very playfull still even if he had turned 4 this year. She bought him so that she wouldn’t be alone in the house after her husband died. And it did her good, she had to go for walks with him.

‘What shall we do next Jamy? Go out for a walk? Walk?’
He tilted his head and started jumping around like crazy ‘woof’
‘Offcourse, you always love your walks, don’t you sweety? Let’s go and get you collar. Sit!’
Jamy sat down and let Line put the collar with the leash around his neck. Then he went straight for the door.
‘Hold on, love, let me just get my coat in case it starts raining later on.’ She got her coat and they went out.
It was going to be the usual walk which was about 12kms long but Line loved it because it went straight through the woods.
That day,it was going to be a special walk but line didn’t realize it yet.
She took Fox lane and then turned right to continue her path into the woodlands. Nothing but trees as far as the eye could see. Jamy had a real fun time being out in the woods. As he was by nature a hunting dog, he sniffed his way through the woods. Sometimes he would even scare away a rabbit and then start barking at it in his very own Beagle way.
He did not find a rabbit today however but his nose picked up another interesting trail. A squirrel!!!
It went up a tree and Jamy immediately went after it, standing with his frontpaws against the tree barking like hell.
‘Oh come on Jamy,’ Line said ‘You’ll never catch that squirrel anyway.’ She pulled on the leash and it released. The squirrel had allready moved on to another tree and Jamy followed it.
‘Jamy’ Line yelled but it was too late, the dog was hot on the trail and wouldn’t listen anymore.
She knew the character traits of the beagle and just sat down on bench nearby. He would return anyhow.
Half an hour went by and still no Jamy, Line was starting to get worried now.
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

A holiday in the country (Gary ff again) Empty Re: A holiday in the country (Gary ff again)

Post by Stien Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:33 pm

‘So, is this your dog.’ a man came up to her holding his dog and Jamy on a leash.
‘Eum, it is actually’ she bent down to give Jamy a little scratch on the head. ‘Thanks for finding him.’
‘Oh, not a problem, the litlle rascals always run away don’t they. Specially Beagles.’ The man smiled.
‘Lucky he ran into my dog and found his playmate. I’m Gary Barlow by the way.’ He held out his hand to help her get up. Line took it.
‘Line Birkin. Thank you so much mister Barlow for bringing Jamy back. What’s your dogs name?’
‘It’s Pete and he just loves to play. Don’t ya Petey? And please call me Gary, I never liked it when people called me Mr. Barlow’ He laughed.
‘I was just about to go to my hotel actually. If you fancy some afternoon tea I’d be happy to invite you over?’
‘Oh no thanks Gary, I was just starting my walk actually when Jamy here ran off so. Maybe some other time.’
‘OK, nice meeting you allthough could have been under better circumstances. You come here often?’
‘I do every day, he needs the exercise.’ Line answered
‘We might meet again then. See you!’
‘See you and thanks again.’

Line walked on never noticing Gary turned around to look at her again.
‘Naughty naughty jamy, running off like that. Luckily that man found you or it would have been no dinner for you tonight.’ Line said to her dog.
Jamy looked up at her not understanding anything but ‘dinner’ and wagged his tail.
Line just shook her head and said ‘crazy dog.’

She returned home after a nice long walk. Jamy was utterly exhausted and lay himself down on the floor as if he was never ever getting up again.
Line said to him ‘That’s what you get when you run away!’ and walked into the kitchen to make her afternoon tea. She filled up Jamy’s waterbowl and put the kettle on.
“Nice man for bringing back Jamy” she thought when recalling the incident. “Wonder where he is staying so maybe I can give him a little thank you gift.” She then decided to call her best friend Aaron, who was hotelmanager of the only hotel in Moorhall.
‘Hi Aaron’
‘Hey Line,’ he said ‘To what do I owe the pleasure for you calling me, love?’
‘Well, I actually was wondering if there was a Mr. Barlow staying at your hotel.’
‘That name does sound faintly familiar. Let me just check the computer for you.’ Aaron said.
“Ah, here it is,He is indeed staying here but as you know me, ever curious, why did you want to know?’
‘Well, …’ Line started and told Aaron what had happened that afternoon.
‘Oh that was abolutely nice of him.’ He said when Line had finished telling her story.
‘So now you see why I want to give him a little thank you present.’
‘Offcourse love’
‘Thanks, Aaron, I’ll be over later tonight then.’

Line put down the phone and decided to go down to the local shop. She petted Jamy and said ‘Be a good boy.’
The florist seemed a little daft since giving flowers to a guy is so tacky.
Penny, the storeclerk, knew just the thing. She had the idea of a thank you card and since Gary had a dog aswell attached to the thank you card a little doggy bone.
Line paid for the gift and got on her way to the hotel, which was only in the next street.
It was about 6 o’clock and she worried about the fact that she would maybe disturb Gary at dinner so she went to the frontdesk first.
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

A holiday in the country (Gary ff again) Empty Re: A holiday in the country (Gary ff again)

Post by Stien Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Aaron greeted her.
‘You’re here for Mr. Barlow?’ he asked
‘Actually yes I am, is he still up in his room?’ Line replied
‘I think so, he hasn’t come down for dinner yet anyway.’ Aaron said looking around the lobby in search of Gary, in case he had missed him.
Just then the elevator doors opened and Gary walked out. When he saw Line he was pleasantly surprised. He walked over to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.
‘Line, hi, I didn’t expect to see you again so soon.’ He said.
‘Hi, I just wanted to hand you this little token of appreciation for bringing back Jamy this afternoon.’
‘Oh, you shouldn’t have really,’ but still he open up the little package and laughed. ‘I’m sure Pete will love this though’ and he took out the doggy bone.
He gave Line a kiss on the cheek again, she blushed. This was a very nice young man.
‘Well then, if you did not join me for afternoon tea. I’m sure you will accompany me for an aperitif right?’
‘I’m not sure, I mean, Jamy’s home alone.’
‘Oh come on, you’re here now. Let me at least buy you one drink.’ Gary pleaded.

He grabbed hold of her arm and took her with him to the bar. It seemed there was no sense in arguing with him whether she’d stay or not.
‘I’ll have a JD and for the lady here…’
He looked at Line. Line just sighed and said ‘white wine for me then.’
‘A white wine it is. Let’s have a seat.’
They sat down in the comfortable seats of the bar, right by the window. It actually had a nice view of the woods but since it was getting dark outside there were only shadows to be seen.
‘So,’ Gary said ‘tell me a bit more about you now.’
‘There’s nothing much to tell.’ Line said ‘I’ve lived here for 7 years now of which the first 3 with my husband.’
‘And you are divorced now?’ Gary asked wondering.
‘No, I’m a widow. Paul died in Iraq about 4 years ago next april.’
‘Oh my god, I’m so sorry. I didn’t realize.’ He apologized for being rude. He looked truly ashamed for having said it with such ease.
‘It’s OK , you couldn’t have known.’ She replied. ‘That was actually when I bought my little rascal you met this afternoon. To keep me company.’
‘I see, dogs are wonderfull companions aren’t they?’ He said ‘I’ve had my Pete for 4 years now and I just couldn’t imagine a day going by without him greeting me when I get home.’
‘I feel exactly the same’ was all Line could say while reaching for her glass.

She looked at Gary as she sipped of her wine and their eyes met but Line looked away quickly. She wasn’t used to having men around. Aaron she had met before Paul died so he was kind of her best friend but this man was an absolute stranger.
‘So, I told you a bit about me.’ Line said breaking through the wall of silence, that had seemed to last at least half an hour. ‘I guess now it’s your turn.’
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:57 am

He smiled ‘I guess so.’ He said putting down his glass of JD.
‘I actually live in Cuddington but I’m here on a break. I do some writing for a living.’
‘Oh, you’re an author, how nice!’ Line said
‘no, I actually am more of a song writer.’ Gary said just a bit amused.
‘Song writer?’ He saw the questioning look on Line’s face and went on to say ‘Yeah, I write songs for other people to sing. I have my own recording studio at home where people come and try out the songs I’ve written for them.’
‘oh, you’re a classically trained musician then.’ Line uttered.
Gary laughed ‘Actually, it all came quite naturally. I’m self taught on the piano. I’m not the one to brag but I can listen to a song just once and then play it on the piano. I’ll show you, come on.’

He sat down on the piano stool of the black piano that stood in the middle of the bar. ‘Name any song, I’ll play it for you.’
Line smiled and said ‘Your song by Elton John.’
‘That song my dear Line is actually one of my personal favorites.’ Gary said and started playing it.
It was the song Line and her husband Paul danced to at their wedding.
She stood there thinking about that moment while Gary sang Your Song. When he had played the last note the other customers started applauding.
‘That was beautifull’ was all Line could say.
‘Thanks,’ Gary said ‘Glad you liked it.’
‘But I do think it’s time for me to go now,’ she said while looking at her watch.
‘oh, well thank you so much for Pete’s little surprise. I’ll be sure to tell him it came from you. And thanks for keeping me company just now.’ He said while he kissed her on the cheek.
‘Not a problem. It was actually nice talking to you.’ She replied.
‘I’ll still be here for 3 more days. So maybe we could take the dogs out together tomorrow?’
‘We could but I have to work in the morning.’ Line said in response to Gary’s suggestion.
‘Offcourse, I understand’ Gary said feeling just a little dissappointed.
‘Thanks again for bringing back Jamy and maybe we meet again.’
‘Sure, have a nice evening, Line.’
‘You too Gary, bye now.’

Line stepped out into a beautifull september evening. Leaves started to lose their green and were slowly turning bright red and yellow. Line inhaled some of that sweet scent of fall.
She had always loved this season but now it seemed to have just a little more. She couldn’t explain why it felt like that, it just did.
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:11 pm

She got back home.and flopped down in front of the TV. She still needed to eat but wasn’t that hungry afterall so she just took a bag of chips and ate that while watching Moulin Rouge on DVD. She fell asleep before the movie was over.
She was awakened by Jamy pushing his wet nose against her hand.
‘Oh Jamy, I must have fallen asleep. Let’s go to bed,darling.’
Jamy had a basket in Line’s bedroom right next to the bed.
She took off her clothes and put on her pyjamas, got into bed and immediately fell asleep again.
She didn’t sleep that well though. She had a dream about Paul and her dancing to Your Song but it was not played by the DJ like at their wedding but by Gary at the piano.
When Gary finished singing the song, Paul was gone and she was left alone with Gary not knowing what to do. He started to dance with her, looking deep into her eyes, leaning over and….
It was her alarm clock that had rudely awakened her from her dream. Why did she dream this? She just met Gary and he was a nice and safe to say goodlooking man but that was all to it. Wasn’t it?
She was staring up at the ceiling when she realized it was time to get up and get ready for work.
For years now she had worked as an assistant to the local vet.
She got up out of bed and went downstairs to get some coffee ready by the time she returned from the shower.
Jamy, following her every step, needed breakfast aswell. She gave him some left over chicken from lunch the day before.
She went upstairs again still thinking about that weird dream but as soon as she let the water run down her body, she forgot about it. The shower felt good and soon enough she was down in the kitchen pourring her coffee into a big mug and petting Jamy.
It was now almost 8 o’clock and she had to go. As every morning she said ‘be a good boy’ to Jamy and walked out. It was a beautifull morning with the sun shining again like yesterday. The vet’s practise was only a 10 minute walk so she didn’t take her car.
‘Goodmorning Line’
‘Goodmorning Andrew. Any new pets come in over the weekend?’ she asked Andrew, the veterinarian of Moorhall town for 15 years now.
‘Mrs. Ulys’ cat again. The woman really worries to much. I just kept her here but there’s nothing wrong with Kitty.’ He said. ‘She’ll be by later on to pick her up.’
‘Allright.’ Line answered getting behind her desk.
It was a busy morning with appointements up till 12 o’clock and then the regular visiting hours.
Mrs. Ulys, an old lady of 85, came by somewhere around 10 to pick up Kitty.
‘Has Andrew found what’s wrong with her, Line?’ she asked.
‘Actually she’s in good health, Clarisse. We kept an eye on her overnight and she seems fine.’
‘Oh good, she was acting all funny yesterday, I was so worried. Thank you love!’
Lots of other familiar faces came by that afternoon. There was mr. Persh with his dog Alicia and miss Jenkins with her cat Yvette. Nothing unusual though so appointements were finished early.

‘It’s been a quiet morning.Shall we go out for lunch?’ Andrew asked Line.
‘Oh no, thanks Andrew, I still have some dossiers to fill out. I got sandwiches with me anyway. I think I’ll stay here in case of any emergencies.’
‘Allright see you in an hour.’
‘See you, Andrew.’
Line was working away at her desk when some one came in.
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:49 pm

‘I’m sorry, the vet will only be back at one.’ And she looked up to see Gary standing in front of her.
‘So, this is where you work? Coincidences never come by just one right?’
‘Gary, what’s wrong?’
‘Nothing with me but Pete here stepped into some thorny bushes out in the forest. I think there are some bits still lodged in his paws. I tried to get them out but he wouldn’t let me.
Line got out from behind her desk and walked over to Pete.
The dog had one paw in the air so Line presumed that it was that paw that needed looking at.
She wanted to grab Pete’s paw but he growled at her.
‘Down Pete’ Gary said. ‘You see he won’t even let me come near it.’
‘We’ll have to wait for Andrew to get back. Or better yet, let me call him on his mobile.’
She dialed Andrew’s number but got no connection. He probably turned off his mobile for lunch.
‘No connection, I’m so sorry.’ Line said.
‘No worries, I’ll just wait here then. Thanks for trying anyway.’
‘you can sit down there if you want,’ she said pointing at the chairs in the corner. ‘You want a coffee or tea maybe?’
‘I’d love a tea, if it’s not too much trouble.’ Gary said sitting down and telling Pete to lie down.
‘Offcourse not, I’ll be right back.’
Line went into the kitchen to get Gary some tea. “Just my luck” she thought while taking a cup out of the cupboard.
She handed the cup to Gary.
‘Thank you, Line’ he said taking the cup‘Just what I needed after the long walk I had.’
‘How did it happen?’ she asked him.
‘I don’t know. With it all being so quiet down here in the forest I let Pete here run loose. I guess he chased after something and got himself into trouble. He was limping when he got back to me so…’
‘Poor Pete.’ Line scratched him on the head. ‘I’ve got some work to finish if you don’t mind.’
‘Offcourse not; I’ll just be sitting here.’ Gary answered.
Line went back behind her desk and started writing down the details of mr Persh’s dog.
Gary?’ she said after a while. He looked up.
‘I still need some details first.’ Line said
‘Sure, what do you need to know?’
‘Birthday of the dog, if you know it?’
’5th of april four years ago now.’ He replied
‘ok, thanks.’ Line said and started filling in the date. Gary was just looking at her. It was more like staring but as he opened his mouth to say something ,Andrew walked in.

‘Hey Line, any patients already?’
He hadn’t seen Gary, sitting in the corner.
‘Eum yes, Mr. Barlow here. His dog, Pete, stepped into some thorny bushes out in the forest.’
‘Oh dear, let’s check that out then. You can come through here, mr Barlow and Pete offcourse.’
‘OK,’ Gary said ‘and thanks for the tea Line.’ As he put the cup on the desk.
‘You’re welcome.’
They went into Andrew’s office and Line took the cup and put it on the sink in the kitchen. She leaned to the kitchen cabinet with her head. Why did she feel so awkward whenever he was around? Must be the effect of the strange dream she had last night still needing to wear off.
She went back to her desk and tried to concentrate on the paperwork that still needed to be done.
Half an hour later, the door opened again.

‘Just make sure, he gets some rest now. No more walking for today or tomorrow. If you need to only.’ Anrew said while shaking Gary’s hand.
‘Definatly, thanks Mr. Stiles.’
‘You can go in now, mrs. Shank.’ Line said to the woman sitting in the waiting room.
‘So Pete will be fine then?’ she asked Gary as he walked towards the desk.
‘a good thing too! I was little worried there but they’re all out now.’ He said with a smile at Pete.
‘That’s good news, isn’t it Pete?’ she said while looking at Pete still not standing on all fours.
The dog looked up at her and wagged his tail.
‘what do I owe you?’ Gary asked.
‘Me nothing,’ Line laughed ‘but as for the bill, that’ll be 50 pounds thanks.’

Gary paid it and said with a smile on his face ‘Nice to see you again. We should stop meeting under conditions like this though.’
‘I do think that would be best.’ Line replied.
‘What would you say to dinner tonight? You think that might be a better idea?’
Line looked up from her writing and looked Gary right into his eyes. She hadn’t expected this.
‘Eum, tonight? I’m not sure. I mean I still have lots of work to do here.’ She said hesitantly trying to avoid his look but she couldn’t.
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:50 pm

‘Well, whenever you’re finished. I don’t mind eating late.’ Gary said.
Line couldn’t really think of any other suitable excuse and just said ‘OK.’
‘Good, just come by the hotel then when you’re finished and we’ll have an aperitif there like last time and then I’ll take you out.’
Line was still too overwhelmed to say anything when Gary was gone. “Why did he want to take you out for dinner?” she wondered but soon enough people started coming in and she was busy enough filling out the forms.

It was a very busy afternoon and Line only finished at 8. “Would Gary still be waiting for her?” she wondered as she walked into the hotel.
‘Heeeey Line, what are you doing here?’ Aaron was surprised to see her.
‘I’m actually meeting Gary here, for a drink.’ She said.
‘Gary? The guy that brought back Jamy?’
‘Yeah, that Gary. Is he in the bar?’ she asked looking over to the door leading to the bar.
‘I think he is yeah. Let me check for you dear.’ Aaron went over to the bar and saw Gary was still sitting there waiting.
‘Yup, he’s still in there, love. Is there something I should know?’ Aaron said smiling mysteriously.
‘No, not at all, he just asked me for dinner, that’s it.’ Line said just a bit annoyed. If Aaron thought it, what would other people think, seeing her with a stranger.
Aaron just nodded.

She walked into the bar and saw Gary was indeed still there. He saw her walking in and walked towards her to greet her.
‘Hi Line’ and he gave her a kiss on the cheek.
‘Hi Gary. I’m sorry I’m so late. But it was a really busy afternoon.’ She sighed.
‘I told you, no problem. I ordered me a JD allready though. White wine for you?’
‘I’ll just have a water now thanks.’
He went to the bar and ordered a water for Line. She had already sat down at the table when he got back.
‘here you go,’ he said while handing her the glass of water.
‘Thanks. Can I ask you something, Gary?’
‘Offcourse, anything. Go ahead.’
‘Why did you ask me out for dinner? I mean, ..’
‘No special reason, I just felt like it. And anyway I don’t like eating on my own.’ Gary replied.
‘I do need to go by my home later because Jamy still needs to be fed.’
‘Not a problem, I’ll just drive by your house then.’
‘We’re not eating in town?’
‘No, I know a good restaurant not far from here. If you don’t mind offcourse.’
‘No, that’s fine actually. I’m a little afraid people will start talking anyway.’
‘Why are you afraid of that?’
‘Well, I haven’t been going out much since my husband died. And in a little town people tend to gossip quickly.’ Line said.
‘I wouldn’t worry to much about that. You can tell them, I’m just a friend which is actually true.’ Gary looked at her and smiled.
She smiled back but in the back of her mind she was still worried about word getting around she spent a night out with a stranger. And then people would go around asking questions.

As soon as they had finished their drinks, they left the hotel and Gary went to get his car.
‘Have a nice night now. And don’t do anything I wouldn’t.’ Aaron said laughing. Line turned around with a look on her face that couldn’t be misunderstood for anything other than ‘I’ll get you later.’
She waited at the front of the hotel and got into the car as it stopped at the front.
‘So where’s your house so we can go feed that raskall of yours.’
‘Just turn right here, at the end turn left and then it’s the second house.’
‘Oh that’s not really far is it?’ Gary said while turning right.
He stopped the car in front of her house and waited for Line to get back.

‘Hey Jamy, let’s get you something to eat.’ She took his pellets and pourred some of the bag into his bowl. ‘There you go darling. Mummy’s going out tonight so you be good allright. I won’t be back late.’
She locked the door on her way out and ran into mr. Jenkins on the street.
‘Evening Line’ he said while walking passed.
‘Evening mr. Jenkins’ and she got back into the car.
Mr. Jenkins looked at the car and wondered why Line was in a strangers car but thought nothing further of it.
‘Good to go?’ Gary asked.
‘I am now.’ She said as they drove off.
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:40 pm

They went to a neighbouring town to a restaurant called ‘Blue Room’, it was actually more of a brasserie but Gary said the food was nice there. He described it as Anglo European with an influence of Eastern cuisine.
They ordered some wine to go with their main course. Line let Gary choose the wine and he ordered white wine since they were having fish, the both of them.

After they had finished dinner he said ‘up for some dessert?’
‘Sure, I’m here now might aswell enjoy it.’
‘Exactly my thoughts.’ Gary said calling over the waiter for the dessert menu.
Gary ordered a Warm chocolate fudge cake with vanilla ice cream and Line had chosen the Selection of home-made ice creams and sorbets.
‘I’ll think we’ll both have coffee aswell.’ Gary said looking at Line.
‘Yes, a coffee for me aswell.’ She said handing back the menu to the waiter.
‘This is actually a nice place and as you said the food was really good.’ Line said.
‘I told you allready, I know my way with food.’ They both laughed.
‘Did you really have so much problems with your weight?’ Line, who had had a little more wine than Gary, asked him. Gary had told her about his weightproblem and that he now always tried to eat healthy.
‘yup, everything I told you before was true. Hang on, I might still have a picture of me like that.’ And he looked into his wallet. ‘I thought so, there it is. I should really start throwing them things away.’ Gary handed over the picture to Line.
‘Oh my god, was this really you?’ On the picture was a man, 3 times bigger than Gary was at the moment.
‘I’m afraid so.’
‘If I may say so, you look much better now.’
‘Offcourse you may and thank you. I’ve been doing some workout and well, Pete keeps me walking all day so…’
‘So that dessert is actually not good for you. I can eat it for you?’ Line smiled as the waiter put the dessert on the table.
‘uhuh, now and then I treat myself to something good. And that time is now.’ The waiter came with their coffee. Line looked at Gary as he was eating dessert and thought “he looks way better now. Oh god girl, that’s just the wine talking” and smiled.
Gary who had been enjoying his dessert to the last little bit of cake looked up at her and asked ‘what are you smiling about?’
‘Oh nothing. I was just looking at you and how much you just enjoyed eating that.’ She replied.
They chatted on for some time untill Line looked at the clock hanging above the kitchen door.
‘Oh my, is that the time allready?’
Gary, sitting with his back to the kitchen, turned around and looked. Half past one, he was surprised aswell and called over the waiter to ask for the check.
He brought it and Line wanted to get out her purse.
‘no, leave it. This is on me. I asked you to join me. I just can’t let you pay.’ Gary said
‘Allright’ Line uttered putting her purse back into her handbag.

Gary parked the car right in front of her house and said ‘I’ve had the most wonderfull evening.’
‘I enjoyed it too.’ Line replied and leaned over to give Gary a kiss on the cheek. But he turned his face and she ended up kissing him on the lips.
‘I’m so sorry.’
‘Don’t worry, it’s not the end of the world. I’m not going to hate you for it. On the contrary. Sleepwell and I’m sure we’ll see eachother before I return back home.’ He said.
‘you too.’ Was all she could say before getting out and closing the car door.
He drove off and Line just stood there looking as his car turned out of sight.
She shook her head and went inside. Jamy greeted her with the same enthousiasm he always did. ‘Hey darling, have you been good? Mummy’s ready for bed now. She’s had a little too much wine.’
Line stumbled up the stairs, took off her clothes and lay down in bed. She almost immediately fell asleep.
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:21 am

In the morning she was again awakened by her alarm clock. She went through the same routine as every day and stepped outside. There was a big bouquet of flowers standing outside her door with a little card attached to it.

Thank you for a wonderfull night.
Gary

‘Oh my god’ Line said carrying the flowers inside. How long had they been out there? If anyone had seen them they would wonder.
Just at the moment she wanted to go outside again, the phone rang.
‘Line, it’s your mother here.’
“Oh here we go.” Line thought
‘Hi mum, what’s up?’
‘Mr. Jenkins saw you get into a car last night and then this morning I got a very early call from Maria that there were flowers outside your door. A man had brought them.’
Maria was actually her next door neighbour, an old lady of about 79. But nosy as hell, always sticking her nose into other people’s affaires.
‘Flowers? I was just outside there were no flowers there mum! You sure the old bat didn’t mistake flowers for my decoration at the door?’ she said rolling her eyes. Luckily her mum couldn’t see that through the phone.
‘Lili, you don’t talk about people like that!!’ her mum said.
‘Well, it’s true, she’s old and she’s always snooping around. I had dinner with a friend last night. That was HER car, I got into, mum.’ Line lied and there was no turning back.
‘oh, you were out with a woman.’ Her mum said
‘Yes, mum, happy now.’
‘It would have been better if it were a man, love. You’ve lived there all alone now for 4 years. Isn’t it about time….’
‘MUM, don’t start that again. I’ve got to get to work now or I’ll be late.’
‘But Line….’ Her mum went on to say but she put down the phone and muttered ‘nice day right, well not thanks to you.’ And slammed the door on her way out.
Why did Gary give her flowers? It was just dinner. They had fun allright but that was it. Apart from that accidental kiss there was nothing going on.
She was still speculating when she arrived at the practice.
‘Morning Line’
‘Oh,’ she was rudly abrupted in her thoughts by Andrew coming in. ‘Morning Andrew.’
‘Aren’t we distracted this morning. Bad night sleep?’
‘No, well yeah, bad dream I think.’ Line said.
‘You think?’ Andrew looked at Line curious as to what dream she might have had that made her jump like that.
‘Anyway, are there lots of appointements today?’
‘I think not but I’ll have a look.’ She looked into the diary but there were only 5 appointements today. ‘Only 5, Andrew.’
‘oooh, that is indeed not much. Shall we have lunch together today then?’
‘Yeah sure why not.’ Line replied. Andrew did ask about 5 times allready, it wasn’t nice of her to say no again.
Andrew did in fact like Line more than just as an assistant. He was never married and about the same age as her. Not too goodlooking but he was a respectable guy. But Line never felt the same for him as he did for her.
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:55 pm

As Line said there were only 5 people that came in today. And since they had the afternoon off, as the practice was closed, they decided to have lunch just a little early.
‘Shall we eat at the hotel maybe?’ Andrew asked
‘The hotel? Why there? I mean, we could go for a sandwich at Subway.’
‘I don’t feel like that today.’ Andrew said.
Line already dreaded entering the hotel because she knew Gary was maybe there having his lunch aswell.
‘Goodmorning Line, looking radiant as ever.’ Aaron greeted her. ‘And another guest today. How was last night?’
Andrew looked questioning at both of them.
‘ Aaron,’ Line said but not loud enough for Andrew to take notice ‘not now.’
‘Oh, I’m sorry. Will you be having lunch today then?’ Aaron said looking at both of them.
‘Yeah, you still have a table for us, Aaron?’ Andrew said.
‘Offcourse, follow me.’
They walked through the bar and into the diningroom of the hotel.
Gary was nowhere to be seen, to the relief of Line and they got a table right by the window, with a nice view of the woodlands.
‘Lovely view this. What are you having for drinks, Line.’
‘I’ll have a glass of water please.’
‘Make that two.’ Andrew said to the waiter.
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:55 pm

They sat there having their lunch as Gary walked in with Pete.
Pete immediately noticed Line and pulled his leash so hard that Gary was pulled along.
‘Pete, come on mate. Stop fooling around.’ He said. He didn’t notice Line sitting at the table.
Gary sat down at a table not too far from Line and Andrew but they both hadn’t noticed him. Line was too busy thinking about the flowers and Andrew was complaining about his food. It wasn’t hot enough and not enough spices were added. Line couldn’t help but think “what a nag.” When suddenly Pete freed himself from his leash and jumped up on the bench licking Line’s face.
She was scared at first but soon enough recognized Pete and was petting him. ‘Heya Pete, darling. How are you feeling today? Stop it now, sweety.’
‘Who’s dog is this and is he just allowed to run free?’ Andrew said;
‘No, normally speaking he is on a leash and he’s mine actually.’ Gary had walked over to where Pete jumped on the bench.
‘Down Pete, you just can’t go and disturb people like that.’ Pete got down and it was only then Gary saw Line.
‘Oh, Line, hi. That’s why he went so crazy. He probably recognized you. Did you get the flowers?’
Line looked up at Gary and answered ‘I did.’ And looked at Andrew, who looked puzzled.
‘Oh, I’m probably intruding on your lunch here. I’ll talk to you later ok Line?’
‘uhuh,’ she said and looked at Gary as he turned and walked back to a table in the far corner of the room.
‘Flowers?’ Andrew said still looking puzzled.
Line now blushed, she had to tell Andrew the truth. ‘I went for dinner with Gary last night and this morning he sent me flowers. Nothing happened, we just had a nice evening. That’s it.’
‘OK, why would a guy send you flowers if it was just a friendly dinner? I wouldn’t.’
‘I don’t know, Andrew, he just did. It is very thoughtfull of him though.’ Line replied.
‘It’s just plain weird, Line. I’d watch out for him if I were you. Just some friendly advice.’
They continued their lunch without saying another word. Andrew was looking at Gary the whole time. “So this was going to be his competitor, dream on lad” he thought the whole time.
When they finished their lunch, Gary had allready gone up to his room together with Pete. So they both left the table and went into the lobby.
‘Line, could I just talk to you?’ It was Aaron.
‘Sure Aaron. Thanks for lunch Andrew and I’ll see you in the morning.’
‘Come and sit down, love. I just need to know. Again you know me, curious, curious. How was last night?’
She knew she could tell Aaron because he had been her longterm friend.
‘I just had a wonderfull time. We went to Blue Room and dinner was abolutely delishious.’
‘You know Line, that’s not all I want to know, sweetheart.’ Aaron said laughing.
Line laughed aswell ‘We talked a lot and it was only at half past one we left the restaurant. He brought me home and I kissed him right on the lips by accident.’
‘ooeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, by accident surely!’ Aaron was really excited.
‘Yes, Aaron just by accident. And this morning there were flowers outside my door with a card saying Thanks for the wonderfull night.’
‘Oh dear Line, a guy doesn’t just send flowers to a woman.’
‘Oh come on Aaron, we just had a good time. Nothing more to it. He probably just wanted to thank me again.’
‘I’m sure Line’ Aaron said looking at her with that mysterious look again.
‘Aaron!!’ Line said while punching her friend on the shoulder.
They both started laughing.
‘i’m heading home now, Aaron.’ Line said after hugging Aaron. Thanking him for being the one she could talk to.
‘Ok, love, see you!’
‘see you and thanks again!!’
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:48 pm

Line entered her house and saw the flowers again she put inside this morning.
‘Better put them in a vase, I guess.’ And she got out her vase from the cupboard and filled it with water from the tap. Then she put the flowers on her diningroom table.
Jamy was following her around again and she stopped to scratch him on the head ‘hi my love, feeling up for a walk?’
When he heard the word ‘walk’ his tail started wagging immediately and he was running around like crazy again.
‘Allright let’s go then!’ Line said as she walked towards the door with her coat allready on and Jamy on the leash. ‘But no running away today,OK?’
She opened the door and almost bumped into Gary about to ring the doorbell.
‘Woow, nice welcome I get.’ He said while laughing.
‘Oh, I’m so sorry, Gary.’ She saw he had Pete with him aswell. ‘How’s he doing?’
‘Oh, just fine, thanks to the vet.’ And he winked.
Line smiled. ‘what are you doing here actually?’
‘Well, I was wondering if you and Jamy would like to come along with Pete and me for a walk. But seems you allready decided.’
‘I was indeed going for a walk with Jamy. I’m not sure if it’s right though if we go together.’
Gary looked surprised ‘Why not?’
‘Well, people did allready start gossiping about us. Mr. Jenkins,who saw me getting into your car last night. And the next door neighbour saw you bring them flowers.’
‘You did like them, no?’
‘Offcourse, it was really lovely of you but I don’t want people to think we.. you know what I mean.’
Gary just smiled ‘We’re lovers… That’s what you mean right? You worry too much about what people think, Line. We’re merely friends taking our dogs out for a walk, what’s so wrong with that?’
‘Nothing, I guess. But still, my mother was allready on the phone this morning asking me all sorts of questions. And… I think I kinda told her you were a woman.’
Gary now looked really surprised and started laughing out loud. ‘You didn’t??’ he said while still laughing.
Line just nodded, feeling just a little embarrased right now.
‘Line, goodness, sorry. But why in heavens name did you tell her that?’
‘I was trying to get her off my back. Last year for instance, they invited over a man for christmas, so I wouldn’t be alone at the dinner table.’
‘Come on, let’s go for that walk while you tell me more. No use in just standing here in front of the door the whole time.’ Gary said.
Line told Gary about how her mum always tries to fix things for her. Like that date for christmas or that one time at valentine when she sent flowers to Andrew saying they were from her. She knew Andrew had a crush on her but she just didn’t feel the same for him.
They walked for hours and Gary didn’t say a thing.
‘Oh, god, listen to me rattling on like that. I’m so sorry.’
‘Don’t worry, Line; You just needed some one to talk to about that. I can understand now why you worry so much about what people think.’ Gary said while looking into her eyes.
She just gave him a hug.
‘Now, what was that for?’ He said surprised.
‘Just for listening. Thank you!’ she said.
‘that’s what friends are for right? Come on Pete. Let’s go for a drink. Looks like you need one and so do the dogs atually.’
They were back from their long walk and Line didn’t even notice they were standing in front of the hotel. They went in with the dogs and sat at their table by the window where they had sat the night before.
‘I think I’ll have just a water now and for you aswell no? and please some water for the dogs aswell.’ Gary said to the waiter.
Line yawned. ‘Are you tired?’ Gary asked her.
‘No, it’s just I think the pressure of the whole day just kinda fell off me.’
‘ I see, I thought I was starting to get boring for a minute.’
‘No, not at all. It was really all too much today. That’s why I wanted to go for a walk on my own.’
‘but then you bumped into me.’ Gary said smiling ‘and we got it sorted out anyway.’
Line just smiled and thanked the waiter who brought them 2 glasses of water and a bowl for both dogs.
‘Looks like they were very thirsty indeed.’ Line said when looking at the empty bowl just seconds later. Pete and Jamy were just laying on the floor, totally exhausted from the walk.
‘I wonder what they think sometimes. Don’t you?’ Gary said. ‘Like now for instance, would they think “let’s not ever walk again” or something?’ he laughed.
‘Well, probably they do think that. Untill tomorrow and then they’re all up and ready again.’
They now both laughed.
It was time for Line to go however. She had arranged to meet up with her mother for dinner, weeks ago.
They said goodbye and Line hugged Gary again. He just smiled and squeezed her tight for a minute.
‘thanks again Gary’ Line said ‘I really needed that talk.’
‘Anytime. Have fun tonight!’ he added with a wink.
She just walked on waving her hand and Gary laughed. ‘Glad I could help.’ Was all he whispered when he turned around and took Pete up to his room.
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:50 pm

Line took Jamy with her to her mum’s place. But as she lived over half an hour away, she took the car.
She arrived at her mum’s at quarter to 7, just about 15 minutes late.
Her mum never liked it when she was late so she parked the car in a hurry and ran to the door. Her mum had opened it already, because she had been looking through the window and saw Line arrive.
‘So, there you are finally! And you look like you have just been into the woods.’
Line’s sweater had a few leaves on the back which she didn’t notice.
‘I’m sorry mum, I was out for a walk and didn’t realize what time it was till it was allready too late to get changed. So I just got into the car and drove here. It’s just dinner amongst family right.’ Line said out of breath.
‘Wrong dear, I invited Andrew over for supper.’
Line just stood there ‘Andrew? Muuuuum!!! I just had lunch with him today. He kept complaining about nearly everything.’
‘shuus, he might hear you! Just go upstairs and freshen up, will you!! And that is not a question.’
Line went upstairs and brushed her hair a little, which was still a bit messy because the wind was strong today. Then she took off her sweater and plucked out the pieces of leaf. ‘That’ll do!’ she said and went downstairs again.
In the livingroom Andrew was sitting in the sofa at the fireplace together with her mum chatting away. Line rolled her eyes and her dad seeing it just smiled.
‘hey there, love.’ He said.
Both mum and Andrew turned their heads towards Line, who had freshened up.
‘There she is!’ her mum said grabbing her by the arm
‘Muuuum, you’re hurting me’ Line said softly
‘nonsense child, come and sit here, next to Andrew.’
‘Mum, first of all I’m not a child and second…’
‘Shus, sit down and have a drink.’ Her mum said.
Line just couldn’t stand up to her mum when she was in this kind of mood. The meddling one.
She realized that soon enough and she didn’t want to start a fight with Andrew around. So she just went along for the rest of the night.
‘Andrew, want some more meat, love?’ her mum said at the dinner table.
‘No thank you mrs. Birkin, I’ve had quite enough. Dinner was magnificent if not outstanding.’ Andrew said.
Line just couldn’t believe this was happening all over again. Last christmas, now this, what was her mum planning on next? Ball room dancing with her enrolled with Andrew as a partner?
‘I’ll help you clear the table.’ Line said when dad was getting all the plates together to carry them into the kitchen.
‘We’ll be in the livingroom, Charles. Don’t be too long now.’ Mum said.
‘No dear, don’t worry.’ He replied.
‘Dad?’ Line said as she walked into the kitchen with him. ‘Why does mum do this?’
‘She just wants to see you happy, love. I guess it’s her funny way of showing it.’
‘It’s not really funny.’ Line said
‘I know, love. Just go along with it for now. Maybe soon enough she’ll realize you’re a grown woman now.’
‘She’s been doing it for two years now, dad. Last christmas, valentines day, now this again. I’ve had about enough.’
‘I know, love. The woman is just too much for me aswell but she means well. Just try and remember that, will you?’ and he touched her on the cheek.
‘I’ll try, dad, I’ll try. Thank you.’
And they both walked out into the livingroom smiling.
Line didn’t need her mum to tell her to sit next to Andrew this time and she even started talking to him. “Just play along” she thought “and it’ll all be over soon”
Line’s mum smiled at the sight of her daughter talking to Andrew. She really thought he was a respectable enough man for HER daughter.
It was 11 o’clock when Line and Andrew left to go home. Mum gave Line a kiss and whispered to her ‘You see, he is a nice enough lad.’ And hugged her. She just rolled her eyes and dad standing right behind his wife shook his head.
Mum kissed Andrew goodbye aswell and closed the door behind them.
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:08 pm

Andrew escorted Line back to her car and Line let Jamy get in first.
‘Thanks for a lovely evening, Andrew.’ She said.
‘No, thank you. It was an honour to be a guest at your mother’s house with you being there.’ He said and kissed her.
‘What are you doing, Andrew?’ Line said when she freed herself from Andrew’s kisses.
‘I thought, you liked me.’ He said.
‘I do like you Andrew, but not in the way you think I like you. I just like you as a colleague and a much appreciated friend but that’s it.’
‘It’s that other guy right?’ Andrew said.
‘What other guy, Andrew. What are you on about?’
‘That, that Gary fellow, we met this afternoon at the hotel.’
Line laughed ‘Gary? He’s just a friend I met while walking with Jamy a couple of days ago.’
‘And he’s sending you flowers? Come on Line, I’m not blind!’
‘Neither am I, Andrew and it was just a friendly gesture of his.’ Line was getting angry.
‘I think there’s more to it than just that.’ Andrew said.
‘Oh really Andrew, sometimes you’re just plain stupid. A guy can’t be friendly with a woman or he should be in love. Really, grow up. I’ll see you in the morning’ Line got into her car and drove home, leaving Andrew on the driveway.
She took Jamy out of the car and went inside the house while slamming the front door shut.
‘oooooooeh, that Andrew. Sometimes he’s just a regular ass. Sorry, Jamy I probably scared you now didn’t I?’
She got on her knees and played with Jamy for a bit. That calmed her down so they both went upstairs to get some sleep.

She had a dream again that night.
Andrew was standing outside her house, screaming and yelling she was a slut, a whore and many more. Her mum just stood by and did nothing, she just shook her head. That’s when Gary showed up and started pushing Andrew, saying what a ass he was. He said exactly all the things she never dared say. Just when Andrew had left and Gary turned to her mum, she was awakened by her alarm clock.
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:34 pm

Line went through her daily routine again. Putting on the water for coffee, feeding Jamy and having a nice long shower. She didn’t think much about that funny dream tonight though. She was more worried what Andrew would say or do this morning. Would he still be mad about the things she said? She went on her way to work, still a bit worried but it just happened, she couldn’t help for telling Andrew the truth.
She walked into the practise and Andrew was allready in his office.
She opened the door and said ‘Goodmorning Andrew.’
He looked up and said ‘Goodmorning Line.’
‘Line?’ he said when she was about to close the door again
‘Yeah?’
‘I’m sorry about last night. I think I got a bit carried away.’
He was a gentleman after all. Apologizing for the whole fight and saying he shouldn’t have brought Gary into it. He was just a friend, like she said.
‘I should have believed you. I’m so sorry.’
‘It’s allright Andrew,’ Line said just feeling a little relieved. ‘I’m gonna fill in those forms now for the appointements this morning.’
‘Ok, Line. So, we’re ok then? Andrew said
‘Yeah, we’re ok.’ Line smiled and closed the door behind her.
She started filling out the forms and stopped on a familiar name. Gary Barlow and Pete!
Oh they probably had to come back for a check up. She didn’t remember putting it in the schedule though. It was Andrew’s handwriting.
He came in at about 11 o’clock, just in time for his appointement.
‘hey there Line,’ Gary said while sitting down in the waiting room.
‘Heya Gary, hi Pete!’
Pete wagged his tail at her.
‘Mr. Barlow?’ Andrew knew this was his next appointement.
‘Come on Pete, let’s get that paw of yours checked out. See you in a minute, Line.’
Andrew looked at Line and back at Gary, then he forced a smile onto his face. Line could see it was forced because his eyes were shooting lightning bolts at her.
Just a few minutes later, the door opened and Andrew said ‘You take good care of your dog, mr. Barlow, there is no need for you to go to your vet back at home. Pete is absolutely fine again.’
‘Thank you again, mr.Stiles.’ and he walked over to Line’s desk.
‘Hey there, how was your night?’ Gary asked
‘Pffff, don’t want to talk about it just now.’
‘That bad, huh?’
‘Well, let’s just say, it wasn’t the family dinner I expected it to be.’
Gary smiled ‘Want to talk about it after work? It’s my last night tonight so.’
‘Sure, I’ll come by the hotel when I ‘ve refreshed a bit at home.’ Line said.
Gary paid the bill and before he walked out he said ‘see you tonight then?’
‘Yes, see you tonight.’
Andrew just finished his last patient and overheared Line saying that. He thought to himself “Just friends huh?” and looked furious at Gary as he walked out with Pete.
He said nothing of it to Line but she saw his face as Gary walked out. Line sure was going to have to be carefull and watch out for Andrew because he really had a huge crush on her. It’s not that she didn’t like him but he was so rude and unfriendly at times. She just liked him as a friend, nothing more because of his temper which she had seen over the years.

Nothing unusual happened in the afternoon so work was done at 5. Andrew still thinking about what could happen tonight, asked Line to do some overtime and watch over the kittens and dogs in cages in the back. He had an emergency to go to.
Line just couldn’t say no, because the kittens needed so much care when they were this young. And the dogs in there needed some bandaid changes aswell.
Andrew left the practize and left Line with the care for the animals.
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:37 pm

She decided to call Gary at the hotel. She picked up the phone and dialed the hotel’s number.
‘Moorhall hotel, Aaron speaking.’
‘Aaron, hi it’s Line. Could you put me through to Mr. Barlows room please.’
‘Line hi, offcourse. Anything wrong?’
‘Well, she said I was supposed to meet him later tonight but I’m stuck in here taking care of the animals. Andrew had an emergency and I can’t leave these animals by themselves.’
‘I’ll put you through, hang on.’ Aaron said.
‘Gary speaking,’
‘Hey Gary, It’s Line’
‘Line hi! What time will you be here?’
‘I can’t leave, Gary. Andrew has been called away for an emergency and well, the animals in the back here need special care.’
‘Oh dear, that’s not good is it? I was really looking forward to tonight.’ He said.’but I guess you can’t leave those animals all by themselves.’
‘I really can’t no. I’m so sorry, I did look forward to tonight aswell. But…’
‘I understand, I guess this is goodbye then. I’ll let you get on with your work and I’ll stop by in the morning before I leave then.’ Gary said just a little dissappointed.
‘I guess so, Have a nice evening and I’ll see you in the morning then.’
They said goodbye and Line hung up the phone. She was really dissappointed because she really had looked forward to a simple night out between friends.
She went out back to take care of the animals. There was Plushy, mr Jenkins cat who had been overrun. She needed to change his bandages.

In the meantime back at the hotel.
‘Evening Aaron,’ Gary was going into the bar just to have a drink before dinnertime.
‘Evening mr. Barlow.’
‘Mr. Barlow?’ Gary turned round to Aaron. ‘If I may be so indiscrete. Line told me about how she had to work late tonight. But I know a thing or two about taking care of animals aswell.’
Gary just looked at Aaron puzzled.
‘I was thinking, if I take over from her, you and her could still go out for a nice dinner.’
Gary was surprised at the suggestion Aaron made.
‘But you do have to stay here and watch over the hotel.’ He said.
‘Well, I could ask a friend of mine to take over for me here so I could go over to the vets and help Line.’
‘But why? I mean, I did nothing special here. We’re just friends.’ Gary uttered.
‘I know, Mr. Barlow but I have a feeling about this. Don’t get me wrong though! I really like Line and I want nothing more than to see her happy, but I know what she has been through and she could use a real good friend.’
Gary was pleasantly surprised by Aaron, he never knew the hotelmanager was so good friends with Line that he would go to this extent.
‘Well, if you could arrange it. It would be nice.’ He said.
‘Let me just make a few phonecalls.’
Just half an hour later, a man walked into the hotel, greeting Aaron.
‘Mr. Barlow?’ Aaron said.
‘Please Aaron, stop calling me like that. It’s Gary.’
‘OK, Gary, I’m all set. Let’s go surprise Line.’
‘Ok, I’ll just get my car.’ And Gary went out to get his car. When he drove up to the front of the hotel, Aaron got in and they drove off.
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:38 pm

The practise wasn’t far away at all. Only a 10 minute drive.
Line was still working in the back when she heard a car pull up. She thought “Probably Andrew getting back.” While looking at her watch “Maybe there was still some time left to go and have a drink afterall.”
She went out front and saw Aaron and Gary together in the office.
‘Hi Line,’ they both said with a big smile on their faces.
‘Hi,’ she said hesitantly ‘what are you guys up to? Smiling so mysteriously!’ she said.
‘Oh, nothing much really.’ Aaron said ‘I’m here to release you from your duties and Gary here is here to take you out for dinner.’
‘Exactly’ Gary added.
Line looked at the both of them in shock. ‘But… but Aaron, I know you know what to do with the animals but what about the hotel?’
‘Nothing to worry about, love. Just explain to me what I need to do and then you two can be off.’
He grabbed her by the arm and pulled her towards the back.
‘Aaron, what’s going on?’ she whispered.
‘Like I told you before.I’m here to take over and let you have a nice evening with a lovely fella.’
‘But, why?’ Line asked
‘Why? Love, you know I’m your friend and I love to see you happy. I know there’s nothing going on between the two of you but what’s not, could still happen. And I don’t want to see that get lost just because Andrew’s a jealous prick.’
‘God Aaron, you do realize he’s going to come back here and be absolutely pissed.’
‘I do realize, love, but I can stand up to him. You just go and have fun.’ Aaron smiled.
Line hugged Aaron and explained to him what still needed to be done. Then she went back to the front, where Gary was still waiting. He was sitting on one of the chairs in the waiting room when he saw her come in.
‘I look like I’ve been to hell and back. Would you mind first going by my house? I need to freshen up a little.’
‘Not at all, Line, not at all. You don’t look all that bad to me, but if it makes you feel better.’
They both got into the car and Gary drove to Line’s house.
‘You don’t need to wait in the car, just come on in.’ she said and they both entered the house.
‘I won’t be long.’ She said while walking up the stairs ‘Make yourself at home.’
‘Take your time, I’m not in a rush.’ He said while scratching Jamy’s head. ‘Hi little raskal, I remember you!’ he said to Jamy.
“Cosy little house” he thought while he sat down in the couch in the livingroom. Jamy jumped up and started licking Gary’s face.
He laughed ‘Jamy, come on lad, that’s enough.’ Jamy jumped out of the couch and lay down at Gary’s feet. Gary just smiled and started looking around. He saw the flowers he sent on the dining table and smiled again.
Line, in the meantime was upstairs, wondering what to wear. “just something comfy will do, don’t want to overdo it.” She thought while she got into her jeans and shirt. She combed her hair and washed her face.
“That looks much better.” She thought while looking in the mirror and she decided this was good enough and went back downstairs.
She found Gary sitting in the livingroom with Jamy at his feet.
‘Will you look at that. I do think he likes you.’
‘Seems so. I must admit you have a lovely house and so cosy aswell.’ Gary said.
‘You haven’t yet seen my biggest pride, my garden. But it’s better in the summer anyway, with all the colors.’
‘I bet! I love gardens aswell, you know.’
‘Would you like to have a drink first or should we go?’ Line asked.
‘well, this couch is very comfy so, I guess, we could first have a drink here and then go out.’
‘What do you want for a drink?’ Line asked turning to her barcloset.
‘What do you have?’
‘I got J&D, if you want?’
‘Sure!’
She gave him a J&D and got herself a red port. They were sharing thoughts about gardening when Gary looked at his watch.
‘That late? Oh dear, we better get going or we won’t get any dinner anymore. Blue room sound good to you?’
‘Definatly, it was good last time.’
Line put both glasses on the sink and Gary was allready waiting in the hall. They both went outside and got into the car. Soon enough they arrived at Blue Room and ordered the same thing as before. This time for Line it had a little sour aftertaste though because she knew Gary was going back home in the morning.
But nevertheless, she didn’t let it spoil the evening, and they both had lots of fun. Drinking wine and talking all night.
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:03 pm

In the meantime at the practise, Andrew got back. He thought he had left her there long enough. He had dinner at his place and had watched some TV. When he entered his office however he had the surprise of his life when he looked at Aaron instead of Line.
‘Where’s Line?’ he said
‘She is actually having fun with a good friend of hers.’ Aaron said smiling.
’What good friend? That Gary fellow I’m sure.’ Andrew said angrily.
‘I guess so,’ Aaron said fairly calm.
Andrew, who realized Aaron had probably set this up, stood right before him.
‘Why did you let this guy take her out. I’m sure he’s not trustworthy.’
‘Like you are not, Andrew? Look, I just want Line to be happy and I’m sure it’s not going to happen with a guy like you.’
‘WHAT?’ Andrew was loosing his temper.
‘What I’m trying to say is Andrew, she doesn’t see more than a friend in you. And I talked to ‘this Gary fellow’ as you so nicely put it. And he seems pretty trustworthy to me. Sometimes I do think you ‘re a downright ass especially today!’
‘I won’t have you tell me what I am!’ Andrew yelled and took a swing at Aaron.
He ducked and all Andrew hit was his own office wall. Andrew could hear the bones in his fingers just snap.
He held his hand and looked at it. Then he looked back at Aaron.
‘Look what you’ve done. I’ve probably broken every finger in my hand now.’
‘Well, serves you quite right. Sorry, Andrew but I should go now. Ian is looking after the hotel and I wouldn’t want anything going wrong. You should go to the hospital though and let them check out that hand.’ Aaron said still smiling.
He left and Andrew was left alone in his office. He kept thinking of Line “Where could she be? Where did this guy take her?” He took out the phonebook with his good hand and searched. He couldn’t see anyplace near where they could be at. By this time he had cooled down and decided to go to hospital first, to let them look at his hand.

Meanwhile, back in Blue Room, Gary and Line started dessert.
‘hmm, good coffee.’ Line said.
‘Well, I do think the cake is better. But the coffee is just as nice, as is my company.’ Gary smiled.
Line blushed ‘Thanks.’ Was all she said.
‘Truth may be told, right?’ Gary said ‘I do like you, as a friend offcourse. You deserve to be happy, as Aaron allready pointed out to me earlier.’
‘What did Aaron say about me?’ Line asked.
‘Nothing bad, if you’re worried. He’s a wonderfull friend to have I think.’
‘Yes, he is. As are you actually.’ Line said while looking down at the table.
Gary just laughed ‘Thank you so much, Line. But do have to be so busy with dessert?’
‘Actually yeah,’ she said.
Gary reached out and held up her face so he could look her into her eyes. ‘That’s better. You don’t need to hide from me, you know.’
‘I know,’ she said smiling.
They finished their desserts and Gary again paid the bill. They got into the car and Gary said ‘Fancy another drink at the hotel? I’m sure Aaron or Ian, for that matter, can arrange us a drink even if the bar is closed.’
‘I’d love to have another drink.’ Line said while Gary drove off, back to Moorhall.

He parked his car at the back and helped Line get out of the car. He held the door of the hotel for her and said ‘Ladies always go first!’
‘Why, thank you, and beauties go after.’
They both laughed as they entered the hotel lobby.
‘So! You WERE out with this guy!!’
It was Andrew, he had gotten back from the hospital and had his hand all plastered up.
‘Andrew, what happened to your hand?’ Line said looking surprised to find him here.
‘He had a little run in with the wall, didn’t you Andrew?’ Aaron came out of his office behind the check in.
‘Shut up you! I’m not talking to you. I do however want to talk to this fellow here.’ He said pointing at Gary.
Gary just a little overwhelmed by the whole situation stepped back and said ‘wooow, mr. Stiles, calm down.’
‘Yeah Andrew, calm down.’ Line said.
‘I know what you’re doing’ he said still coming closer and closer with each step he made.
‘You’re just one of them city blokes that come here and steal away our girlfriends.’
Gary just looked at him and started laughing.
‘You, you’ he laughed again ‘You really think I’m like that.’
Andrew stopped and looked at Gary puzzled. Gary continued ‘I’m not here to steal girlfriends and anyway Line here,’ he put his hand on her shoulder ‘is not your girlfriend. At least she wasn’t last time I checked. Or are you Line?’ he looked at her and she just shook her head.
‘See, I’m just here on holiday and I made some new friends. Is that a crime then? Is it a crime to take a lovely lady out for dinner, Andrew?’
Andrew just stood there just a few steps away from Line and Gary.
‘I guess not,’ he said after a long pause ‘I guess not.’
‘Exactly, why fight over a friend, Andrew? You’ve allready got your hand in a plaster cast. I surely don’t want a lovely night to end like this. What do you say?’
‘Allright,’ Andrew muttered and shook Gary’s held out hand. He then stepped out of the hotel, his head down like he admitted defeat.
‘Now that was close,’ Gary laughed. ‘I surely need a drink now. Aaron? Can you still get us a drink?’
‘Offcourse Gary! Well done by the way.’ And he went into the bar to fix Gary that drink.
Gary turned around facing Line and saw she was all shaken up, she had even cried.
‘I guess you could use a drink aswell, judging by the way you look.’ He said.
‘I was scared he was going to attack you.’
‘He didn’t, did he? He’s just like so many others I know. A downright ass but when it comes to it they run.’ He said while holding up her head again so he could look her into her eyes.
She started crying again.
‘Oh come on! Everything’s allright now. Calm down’ He took her into his arms and hugged her.
‘He was just a little bad tempered. Time will fade that memory.’ He whispered ‘Let’s go get our drink now before it Aaron decides to drink it all.’ He smiled and Line smiled back at him.

They both went into the bar and Aaron had prepared a J&D for Gary and a white wine for Line.
‘It’s your favorite, Line. Are you ok?’ Aaron asked
‘I will be, Aaron, I’m just a little shaken up still.’ She replied.
‘But I’m sure, ‘ Gary said, ‘ Andrew won’t bother us anymore, at least not today. And it’s weekend tomorrow so he’ll have the whole weekend to calm down.’ He added while he was moving towards the piano.
Aaron hugged Line aswell and said ‘I told you he was a nice guy.’
Line just smiled and looked over to Gary, who had started to play a little tune on the piano.
She went over to him and he looked up.
‘Shall I play you something?’ he asked.
‘Could you play me Your Song again. That was actually the song Paul and I got married to.’
‘Well, offcourse.’ And he started playing it while Line sat down in a chair nearby.
She closed her eyes and didn’t notice Aaron sitting down next to her. She was at her wedding day all over again. She couldn’t help it but the tears just came flowing. All these years she hadn’t shed a tear over Paul and now it seemed as if, every tear ever saved left through her eyes.
Aaron lay his hand on her shoulder and when Gary finished he came over and took her hands, pulled her close and hugged her.
‘I’m so sorry’ she said when she was apparently all cried out for tonight.
‘Don’t be, I guess it was all a little too much emotions tonight.’
‘I think so,Thank you Gary.’
He was still holding her and looked surprised. ‘For what?’
‘Just for being there.’ Line said.
‘Well, seems like I sometimes am the right person in the right place.’ He smiled. ‘But now,’ he said while looking at the clock. ‘it’s time for me to go to my bed. I’m leaving early tomorrow so.’
Line let go of Gary and looked at him. ‘Sure, will I still see you before you leave?’
‘Offcourse, I’ll come by in the morning and say goodbye.’ Gary said.
They hugged and Gary stood in the lobby watching Line walk away. Aaron joined him ‘What a night right?’ he said.
‘Exactly Aaron but still, thank you. I had a wonderfull time at dinner.’
‘You’re welcome Gary, as I told you anything to see my best friends happy. And from now on, I do hope I may consider you as one of them?’
Gary smiled and said ‘Offcourse Aaron, offcourse. Goodnight.’ He added as he walked towards the elevator.
‘Goodnight.’
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:55 pm

Line walked home and got there safely. She was still thinking about Gary though. He had been so nice tonight and she only knew him for 4days now. He had laughed at her jokes, he had saved her from Andrew, just like in her dream actually. Not in the same way but still…
She sat down in the couch in front of the fireplace and Jamy lay down next to her. ‘You like him too, don’t you sweety.’ Jamy looked up at her and wagged his tail as if he had understood what she said.
She just smiled and got up to get herself another port. She wasn’t ready for bed yet.
She lit up the fireplace aswell and sat down on the carpet in front of it. Jamy jumped out of the couch and lay his head on her lap. She smiled at him and scratched him behind his ear.
She spent another couple of hours watching the fire while holding her husbands picture.
‘Oh dear Paul, this is a weird situation. I don’t know what to do. Andrew being so angry and what will mum think?’ She said to the picture.
It was past 3Am when she finally decided to go to bed.

She didn’t dream that night but she never was quite asleep. She saw almost every hour pass by. Then finally at 7AM she fell asleep.
She was however rudely awakened again by Jamy barking. She put on her robe and went downstairs. She found Jamy at the frontdoor, barking. ‘Shhhhhht, love. What’s up?’
She opened the door and there was Gary standing at her door once more.
‘Goodmorning!’ he said and gave her a kiss on the cheek. ‘Goodmorning to you too, Jamy.’
‘Oh, waauw , is it that time allready.’ Line said
‘It is, I’m returning home. Just a little concerned I might miss this town though, with all the nice people living here!.’ He said smiling.
‘Won’t you come in? I’ll make you some coffee!’ Line said.
‘Oh no, thank you. I have an appointement back in Manchester so I have to be there on time.’
‘Oh,’ was all Line could say.
Gary was standing with his hands behind his back the whole time but it was only now Line noticed.
‘Why are you keeping your hands behind your back?’ she asked Gary
‘Oh, so now you notice, finally’ he said laughing and gave her a big bunch of flowers.
‘But… oh, you didn’t have to!’
‘Well, I thought the other one might not be as nice as it used to be and I thought why not get her something to remember me by.’
‘Oh , thank you so much Gary. You’re so kind.’ Line said looking down at the ground again.
Gary just smiled and again as last night held up her face. He just loved to look into her deep blue eyes.
He pulled her close and hugged her pretty tight. He had thought of kissing her but it just didn’t feel right after all that she allready went through.
‘I guess,’ he said ‘this is goodbye. But let’s look at it on the bright side. At least it’s not farewell.’ He added when Line looked really sad.
She smiled ‘No, it’s not farewell. Maybe see you around right?’
‘Who knows?’ Gary winked and turned around to go to his car. He looked over his shoulder a couple of times before he finally got into his car and drove off in the direction of the main road out of Moorhall. Line just stood on the top of the stairs and couldn’t say or do anything, not even wave.
She called Jamy and went back inside.

Months passed by and they kept in close contact. Gary was pretty busy though doing his writing but he made a promise to Line he would call her every saturday. And so he did!!
Andrew, who had his hand restored by a surgeon, had forgotten all about the incident at the hotel that night. He even bought Line some flowers to apologize for his behaviour, but she threw them in the wastebin as soon as she got home. The only flowers still standing in her living room were Gary’s. She had dried them in between her encyclopedias and they turned out nicely so she put them on her mantlepiece, next to Paul’s picture.
Her mum, having heard about the incident at the office and in the hotel from Aaron, had changed her attitude with regards to Andrew and had also apologized to Line for trying to fix her up with him.
That night she was again invited to a familydinner at christmas.
Line walked into the livingroom and hugged her dad. ‘Hi dad, how are you feeling?’
‘Just nice my dear just nice.’ He answered.
They had an aperitif and then sat down at the table.
‘How’s it going with Gary, love?’ her mum suddenly asked.
‘Eum, good, I think. He’s busy a lot so I only hear from him now and again.’ Line answered very surprised her mum would even ask about him.
‘I think it’s time to open a few presents, Don’t you Line?’
‘Sure,’ she said still wondering what her mum was up to.
‘This seems to be one for you Line. It has your name on it anyway.’ Dad said looking at the presents under the christmas tree.
Line was curious what was inside. Mum and dad just looked at her, opening the present.
They were curious too, the present was sent to them by mail last week.
Line opened it up and in the box there was only a note. Line was surprised and looked at her parents. They looked puzzled. ‘There’s only a note in here and a doggy bone. What is this?’ she said smiling.
‘We don’t know either, dear, it came by mail last week.’ Dad said.
Line opened up the note and it read.

Dear Line,
Hope christmas went well this year!
Just a little present for Jamie in this box, but your present is waiting outside now.
Love,
Gary
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:55 pm

Line looked at the note and at her parents and back at the note. ‘Outside?’ she said and went to the window.
Her mum picked up the note and read it aswell. She showed it too dad. Who was surprised by it.
‘Outside? Do you see anything, dear?’ he asked Line who was at the window.
‘No, I don’t. I can’t see a thing but it’s snowing maybe I should just go outside and look.’
She took her coat, put it on and opened the door. She wanted to walk outside but as she was looking at the stairs, if they were slippery or not ,she bumped into someone.
‘Everytime I surprise you with a visit this seems to happen.’ Gary laughed.
‘Gary!!!!’ Line said
‘Surprise!!!! Oh I was suppose to say that first! Damn. Well, I said it now.’
Line couldn’t say a thing, she just stared at him.
‘Not good enough? Shall I return the gift m’am?’ Gary asked while turning around again and pretending to walk away.
Line got over her initial overwhelmed feeling and grabbed him by the shoulder. ‘No, it’s allright. No need to return the gift.’ She smiled and looked into his eyes as he turned around.
‘I’ll exchange it when I don’t like it anymore however.’ She said laughing.
‘I can live with that.’ Gary said and pulled her close and without hesitation this time he kissed her.
Mum and dad were still standing in the hallway. They asked Gary to come in and share a drink with them.
They talked untill late and when it was time to go home, mum even hugged Gary and whispered in his ear ‘Thank you’.
He just smiled and whispered back ‘Don’t worry, I’ll take good care of her!’
On to dad, he and Gary just shook hands and dad nodded.
Line and Gary walked outside and Gary put his arm around her. ‘You glad I showed up?’ he asked her.
‘What do you think? Offcourse I am. But how did you get the present at my parents house?’
‘Aha,’ he said, ‘that my dear is a fact for me and Aaron to discuss in the morning.’
‘Are you staying at the hotel again?’ she asked.
‘Well, I was kinda hoping, you’d put me up for the night.’ He smiled.
‘Not a problem,’ she said as they walked into her street. ‘I’ll pull out the guestbed for you.’

She opened up the door and they both entered the house. Line was still closing the door when Gary grabbed her and kissed her again. ‘Guestbed? I don’t think so.’ He whispered.
They both went upstairs and as they reached the bedroom Jamy came running at Gary.
‘Hey there Jamy!’ he said. Line just said ‘Let me get his basket downstairs. I’ll be up in a minute. Come on Jamy.’
When Line walked back into the bedroom, all of the candles she had were lit and Gary was nowhere to be seen.
‘Gary?’ and she walked a little further into the room
‘Yes my dear,’ he said while closing the door he had been hiding behind.
Line turned around and wanted to say something but Gary shut her up by kissing her passionatly. He started to open the blouse she was wearing and took it off. He took off his shirt aswell. He looked at her and he was lost in the moment. He pulled her close and started caressing her all over.
As time went by, the rest of the clothes were thrown aside and they made love like there was no tomorrow.
The night ended up with Line falling asleep on Gary’s chest. He just kept running his fingers through her hair untill he finally fell asleep at first light.
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:49 pm

It was 12 o’clock when Line woke up but Gary was nowhere to be seen. His clothes were gone and so was his coat. She saw that when she came downstairs. Even the car ,that had been standing outside, was gone.
He had left…

“Maybe he went home to pick up some things” she thought and she tried to call him at home. But all she got was the answering machine ‘Hi this is Gary Barlow, I will be gone for a couple of days but leave….’ She hung up.
She had lunch and decided to go to the hotel. He did say he was going to talk to Aaron in the morning.
‘Afternoon Line.’
‘Afternoon Aaron, have you seen Gary?’
‘Gary? Barlow you mean? Can’t say I have no. Is he back in town?’
Line told him about the surprise and how he spent the night.
Aaron was so excited, he gave Line a kiss.
‘I’m so happy for the both of you. I’m so happy,love.’
‘Yeah, but that’s what I meant to say now. He left, his car isn’t there no more. I’m afraid…’
‘Oh, it will probably be nothing. He’ll turn up tonight I’m sure.’
‘I do hope you’re right,’ was all Line said.
Line decided to go home. Maybe Gary had returned.
But as soon as she walked into the street, she realized, his car wasn’t there. She became a little dissappointed. Why didn’t he leave her a note? Why??
All through the rest of the afternoon, she kept pacing through the house wondering where he could have gone off to?
She sat down in the couch and Jamy jumped up ‘I don’t know where he could have gone Jamy.’

It was about 6 o’clock when the doorbell rang. Line shot up from the couch and almost ran to the frontdoor.
‘Heya Line’
‘Oh, hi Aaron.’
‘you seem dissappointed it’s me. Gary still not back?’
She just shook her head, she just couldn’t do more because she was about to cry.
‘Come here,love. I’m sure he’ll be back tonight. Let’s eat something in the meantime, allright?
Aaron decided to stay as long as he could, because he saw Line was having a hard time. They watched some TV together untill it was about 12 o’clock.
Then Line said ‘he’s not going to come back anymore, is he?’
‘It is getting pretty late. I wouldn’t have imagined Gary to be a guy to just leave you sitting here. Worrying.’ Aaron replied.
‘Me neither, maybe that’s what Andrew did see in him.’
‘Oh now, darling, don’t think that way. I mean, I don’t know what to say but I’m sure there’s an explanation.’
‘Could be. But I think I’ll be going to bed now, Aaron.’
‘Ok, love, you have a good nights rest. It might clear your head.’

Line went to bed, but didn’t sleep well at all. She couldn’t believe he had just left her. But the more she thought of reasons, the more it seemed obvious. He was too good to be true anyway. By morning she was so angry, she couldn’t even stand Jamy around.
‘Go away Jamy, stop bothering me’ she kept saying to him. In the end he lay down in his basket with a sad Beagle look.
A couple of days passed by and then on 31st of december ,at about 10AM, the doorbell rang.
Line opened the door. This time it was Gary. He saw the angry look on her face.
‘Line? Are you allright?’
‘You, you dare ask??? You just leave without leaving me a message and you expect me to be happy to see you again? I was really worried. I’m just really dissappointed and I do not feel like talking to you now. So goodbye.’ She closed the door.
Gary was left outside, too astonished to say anything. She was right though, he should have left her a note. How could he be so stupid not to think about that? But he had so many plans.
He tried ringing the doorbell once more but she wouldn’t even open the door anymore. Weird thing was, he understood.

He then decided it was maybe best to let it all calm down and go to the hotel. Maybe she would talk to him in a couple of days.
He walked through the entrance door and saw Aaron standing behind the frontdesk.
‘Aaron! How’s it going?’
‘Gary? You still dare show your face around here?’
‘Not you aswell,’ Gary said ‘Line wouldn’t talk to me, which I understand. But Aaron…’
‘You hurt my best friend, Gary. Is that so hard to understand?’
‘Just let me explain. Please… I do have a reason for my absence.’
‘I don’t know if I want to hear it.’ Aaron said and he turned around.
‘I have a surprise for Line and I needed a few days to arrange it all.’ Gary said.
‘What surprise?’
‘If you’ll hear me out, I’ll tell you.’ Gary said and sat down in a chair in the lobby and pointed at the one opposite of him. Aaron sat down and he listened.
Gary told him what he had been up to the last few days. And that he couldn’t come back because he didn’t want Line to overhear any phonecalls.
Aaron just looked at him. ‘Gary, that is wonderfull. We need to get Line to talk to you.’
‘Yeah, I know but how…’
‘I’ll think of a way, in the meantime, you’re my guest. Come on.’

Line was still at home thinking “the nerve, first leave me sitting here without even leaving a message and then come back and think everything will be just fine.”
She took the dried flowers and threw them in the fireplace. She couldn’t stand to look at them no more. He had hurt her and she thought he could be trusted. How stupid was she, trusting a guy after she had only known him for a couple of months.
She went to bed early that night, still angry. It was newyears eve but she didn’t feel like celebrating.
She didn’t sleep well and had some nightmares aswell. By 6Am she lay wide awake staring at the ceiling.
Where was he now? Why did she still care? He left her alone without even bothering to let her know where he was. Why would she bother now? Because she loved him, that was the simple truth. They had long talks over the telephone about almost anything. She had grown so fond of him over these couple of months, they had known eachother.
She got up because she didn’t want to think anymore. She got into the kitchen and put on some coffee. “happy newyear Line” she thought.
She gave Jamy some food and went upstairs to shower. She was about to step into the shower, when she heard the phone ring.
She ran downstairs to pick it up.
‘Line speaking.’
‘Line, It’s Aaron. How are feeling today? Any sign of Gary yet?’
‘I haven’t slept much. I’ve seen him yesterday. He didn’t come to the hotel?’
‘No, he didn’t. What did he say?’ Aaron said
‘I don’t know. I shut the door before he could say anything.’
‘Line, why??’
‘I was just too angry to talk to him.’
‘Oh , Line, why don’t you come over for lunch today? We can talk then, love. It’s not so busy down here now.’
‘Sure, I’ll be over later on then.’
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Stien Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:15 pm

When she walked into the hotel at lunchtime, she saw Aaron at his desk. He immediately came over to her and hugged her.
‘Happy newyear, love, you don’t look to well. Come on, let’s go have a drink.’
‘Alex, a white wine for Line here. And give me a beer will you?’
When they got their drinks Aaron said ‘let’s go sit down.’
They sat down at the table near the window where Line and Gary sat twice before. She remembered and asked ‘why this table, Aaron?’
‘Why? No special reason, it’s just a nice view from here.’
That’s when Gary walked into the bar. Line couldn’t see him because she was sitting with her back to the door.
‘Gary!!!’ Aaron said. ‘What a lovely surprise.’
Line looked up at him, then looked at Aaron and said ‘You set this up right?’
She got up and wanted to walk away when Gary stopped her.
‘There’s no door to close on me now. Sit down, I want to talk to you.’
He held her by the shoulders and looked straight into her eyes. Line had no choice, she realized that quick enough. She couldn’t make a scene in front of the hotel guests. So she sat down and looked out the window. Aaron walked back to the frontdesk so they could be alone.

‘Line, please. I didn’t come all this way to stare at you. Talk to me.’ Gary started.
‘What is there to talk about? You left me without even leaving a message. I was worried sick.’ She said while looking at the window still.
‘I’m sorry, what more can I say? What more do you want me to say? It’s not like I left and never came back. I’m here now!!’
‘Back for more after that one night stand.’ She said looking into his eyes
Gary looked at Line with disbelief in his eyes. He couldn’t believe what he just heard.
‘Line, I love you and you know that better than anyone else. I wasn’t in love from the very start but now, I’d be lost without you. And I’ll prove it to you!!’

At that moment a guy walked in holding a briefcase and walked up to the front desk.
‘I had arranged to meet with a Mr. Barlow at this hotel.’ He said
‘He’s your guy, ‘ Aaron said pointing at Gary in the bar.
‘Hi, mr. Barlow? Mr. Perith from Connections real estate agency.’
Gary got up and shook the man’s hand.
‘Hi there, mr. Perith, I was allready waiting for you.’ He said.
‘This is your proof’ Gary said while smiling.
Line just sat there and looked abolutely puzzled.
‘To get right down to business mr. Barlow. The house you looked at on monday is still on the market. It is perfect in every way.’
‘Well, that’s just fabulous. Isn’t it Line?’
Line was starting to get just a little worried now.
‘House? What house?’ she said.
‘Didn’t you once tell me that you wanted a house up in The lakes?’ Gary said winking.
‘This my dear, is our new house. I was out arranging that. It was supposed to be a surprise.’
Line couldn’t believe what she just heard. She looked at the pictures and it was an absolute gorgeous house but…
‘Gary, I mean, this is fabulous, but my job, my family.’
‘All been taken care of, love. There is a local vet practise just down the road where you can start in the new year. And most importantly, I’ve arranged for your mum and dad to come by once every month for the weekend.’
‘Oh Gary,’ was all Line could say before she hugged him.
‘so, You’ll do it?’
‘Offcourse I will.’ Line said.
‘That’s settled then, right mr.Perith?’
‘Right mr. Barlow, and a happy newyear to you.’
Mr. Perith left them alone in the bar and Gary went over to the piano and started playing Your Song again. At the end of it he said to Line, who was standing next to him.
‘Happy newyear Line.’
‘Happy newyear Gary’

THE END!!!!!!!!!!!
Stien
Stien
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down