GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very nice German interview with Gary 24.03.09

3 posters

Go down

Very nice German interview with Gary 24.03.09 Empty Very nice German interview with Gary 24.03.09

Post by British_flower Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:20 pm

http://www.focus.de/kultur/musik/tid-13752/take-that-die-laeuterung-des-gary-barlow_aid_383504.html

Die Läuterung des Gary Barlow
In England brechen Take That mit ihren Ticketverkäufen sogar Michael Jacksons Rekorde. Warum Gary Barlow auch sonst ein Gipfelstürmer ist, erzählt der Brite im Interview.
Von FOCUS-Online-Autorin Katja Schwemmers

FOCUS Online: Mr. Barlow, die neue Single von Take That heißt „The Garden“. Wie sieht es in Ihrem eigenen Garten aus?
( how does it look like in your own garden?)

Gary Barlow: Ich schäme mich das zu sagen, aber ich bin der typische Großstädter. Und meine Frau ist noch schlimmer. Sie muss eine Pflanze nur ansehen, und schon stirbt die. Wenn unsere Putzfrau nicht wäre, gäbe es keine lebenden Pflanzen bei uns im Haus. Um ehrlich zu sein: Ich empfinde Gartenarbeit als Zeitverschwendung. Ich halte mich lieber in meinem Studio oder in der Küche auf.
( I am not very good at gardening and my wife is even worse with that she just has to look at a plant and it dies .If we didn't have a cleaner all plants would die I am more likely in the studio or in the kitchen)

FOCUS Online: Sind Sie dann eher der Strandtyp? Oder wo entspannen Sie am liebsten?
( You are more the beach type then?)

Gary Barlow: Oh, nein. Ich wäre sehr ruhelos, wenn man mich am Strand aussetzen würde. Ich verbringe meine Urlaube mit Skifahren. Nächste Woche geht’s wieder los. Meine Kinder mögen das auch. Schon als sie ganz klein waren, habe ich sie dazu verführt. Das sind wirklich Spaß-Urlaube. Und das Gute ist: Keiner erkennt dich im Skianzug, man bleibt anonym.
( o no I would be restless.I love skiing.Next week we're going there the kids like it and the best thing is noone recognizes u in a skiing suit.)

FOCUS Online: Von der Skipiste ist der Sprung bis auf den Kilimandscharo ganz schön weit! Vor zwei Wochen haben Sie es bis oben auf den Gipfel geschafft. Wie kamen Sie überhaupt auf die Idee, den höchsten Berg Afrikas zu besteigen?
( how did u get to that idea climbing the highest mountain in africa?)

Gary Barlow: Ich traf mich im vergangenen Jahr mit Richard Curtis zum Mittagessen. Er ist der Gründer der großen, britischen Spendenorganisation „Comic Relief“. Die sind einzigartig, weil jedes Pfund, das du ihnen gibst, ohne Abzüge wohltätigen Zwecken in Großbritannien und Afrika zu Gute kommt. Er zeigte sich sehr besorgt, dass es durch die Finanzkrise in diesem Jahr schwierig werden könnte, Leute dazu zu bewegen, zu spenden. Und ich meinte: „Es reicht nicht, zu fragen. Du musst etwas dafür tun, dass die Leute sagen, ich gebe Geld.“ Also hatte ich diese verrückte Idee, dass ich zum Gipfel des Kilimandscharo steige. Ein Freund von mir hat das mal gemacht, und der war nicht so fit wie ich. Da sagte ich mir: „Wenn er es kann, kann ich das auch!“ Damit ich nicht alleine war, holte ich mir acht weitere Prominente aus den unterschiedlichsten Bereichen an die Seite. Normale Leute, keine Athleten. DJs von Radiostationen, Fernsehmoderatoren, ...
( I met Richard Curtis last year for lunch,he is the founder of 'comic relief'.
And I thought it is not enough just to ask for money you have to do something to get people giving money.And so I had that idea,a friend who wasn't that fit did it as well and I thought if he can make it I can do as well.I do a few celebs to join me all no athlets...)

FOCUS Online: ... ehemalige Boybandstars – und ich meine damit nicht Sie, Mr. Barlow.
( former boyband stars)

Gary Barlow: (lacht) Ja, Ronan Keating von Boyzone war mit dabei! Ich kenne ihn seit Jahren. Wir sind gut befreundet.
( yeah Ronan keating was there we're friends)

FOCUS Online: Wie lange haben Sie sich auf den Marsch vorbereitet?
( how did u prepare for the climb?)

Gary Barlow: Wir waren über sechs Monate im Cardio-Training, was viel Laufen und Gehen bedeutete. Unsere Stiefel hatten wir schon im November bekommen. Es ist wichtig, dass du viel darin läufst, bevor du den Aufstieg machst. Diese Stiefel müssen perfekt sitzen, weil du eine ganze Woche lang jeden Tag neun oder zehn Stunden damit unterwegs bist.
( we did cardio training 6 month in advance and got our books already last november it is important that you already wear them before as u are 9,10 hours a day in it )

FOCUS Online: Was tut denn am meisten weh, wenn man so lange läuft?
( does it hurt to walk that long?)

Gary Barlow: Ich hatte mir leider schon in der Trainingsphase einen Nerv am Rücken eingeklemmt. Ich musste zum Physiotherapeuten, und es wurde nur langsam besser. Ansonsten hatte ich nicht wirklich Schmerzen. Ich empfand es eher als mentale Herausforderung. Über eine so lange Zeit zu laufen, während es nicht viel zu sehen gibt, ist hart. Sobald du höher bist als der Regenwald, sind da nur Steine. Es ist sehr karg und neblig. Und je höher du kommst, desto weniger Sauerstoff ist da und umso langsamer läufst du. Und je langsamer du läufst, desto länger dauert es, bis du am Tagesziel eintriffst. Und dann sind da die Abende, vor denen dir graut, denn die verbringst du in Zelten bei minus 15 Grad. Also trägst du jedes Bekleidungsstück aus deinem Rucksack, während du in deinem Schlafsack liegst. Es war einfach schrecklich.
( unf. I hurt a nerve on my back during the training I had to do therapy and it didn't get well so fast.
But apart of that I didn't feel and pain at all.It was more a mental thing.It is hard to walk that long if you don't see that much.
There are only stones if u get higher.And the higher u climb the less oxygen meaning you walk more slowly and it takes longer to reach the aim of the day.And then there are the evenings in the tent with -15 degrees when you take all the clothes you have out of your bag.)
British_flower
British_flower

Back to top Go down

Very nice German interview with Gary 24.03.09 Empty Re: Very nice German interview with Gary 24.03.09

Post by Leannesg1986 Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:32 am

I ran it through the google translator for those who don't speak german!! Enjoy!! Smile x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The purification of Gary Barlow

In England Take That break with their ticket sales, even Michael Jackson's records. Why Gary Barlow else Striker is a summit, says the Briton in an interview.

FOCUS-Online-author Katja Schwemmer

FOCUS Online: Mr. Barlow, the new single from Take That is "The Garden". What is in your own garden?

Gary Barlow: I'm ashamed to say this, but I'm the typical gardener. And my wife is even worse. You need a plant only to view, and it dies. If our cleaning lady would not, there would be no live plants in our house. To be honest I find garden work as a waste of time. I prefer to consider myself in my studio or in the kitchen.

FOCUS Online: Do you like the BEACH? Or where you prefer to relax?

Gary Barlow: Oh, no. I would be very restless if I am on the beach would be suspended. I spend my holidays skiing. Next week it's happening again. My kids like it too. Even though they are quite small, I have to seduce them. These are really fun holidays. And the good thing is: Nobody recognizes you in the ski suit, you will remain anonymous.

FOCUS Online: From the ski slopes the jump to the Kilimanjaro pretty far! Two weeks ago, you have it up high on the summit succeeded. How did you come up with the idea of the highest mountain in Africa to climb?

Gary Barlow: I met last year with Richard Curtis, for lunch. He is the founder of the great British Donation Organization "Comic Relief". They are unique, because every pound that you give them, without deductions charitable causes in Britain and Africa to come good. He was very concerned that by the financial crisis this year could be difficult, people to move to donate. And I said: "It is not enough to ask. You need to do something that people say, I'll give money. "So I had this crazy idea to do the Mount Kilimanjaro climb. A friend of mine has done it, and was not as fit as I was. As I said to myself: "If he can, I can too!" So I was not alone, I brought eight other celebrities from various fields together. Normal people, not athletes. DJs from radio stations, television presenters, ...

FOCUS Online: ... Former Boybandstars, Mr. Barlow?

Gary Barlow: (laughs) Yes, Ronan Keating of Boyzone was there! I have known him for years. We are good friends.

FOCUS Online: How long did you prepare for the march?

Gary Barlow: We were more than six months in the cardio-training, something that meant running and walking. Our boots, we had already received in November. It is important that you run it a lot before you make the ascent. These boots have to fit perfectly, because you have a whole week every day, nine or ten hours.

FOCUS Online: Is it painful when you run so long?

Gary Barlow: I unfortunately already in the training phase had a nerve pinched in the back. I had to physiotherapists, and it was only slowly improving. Otherwise, I had no pain really. I felt it more a mental challenge. Over such a long time to run, while there is not much to see there is fierce. Once you're higher than the rainforest, there are only stones. It is very barren and foggy. And the higher you come, the less oxygen there is and the more slowly run. And the slower you walk, the longer it takes, until you reach the destination. And then there are the evenings before which you spend in tents at minus 15 degrees. So you wear every piece of clothing in your backpack while you are lying in your sleeping bag. It was just terrible.
Leannesg1986
Leannesg1986

https://www.facebook.com/leannesg1986

Back to top Go down

Very nice German interview with Gary 24.03.09 Empty Re: Very nice German interview with Gary 24.03.09

Post by British_flower Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi hun I had already put the main English info in ()!Love this interview it is really a nice one...
British_flower
British_flower

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:16 pm

you ladies are godesses!
Thank you for the effort you've both put in it, going to read and drool myself til i drown Very Happy
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Location : Playing on Gary's... erm... Piano!!! {Israel, actually}

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down