GAZONLINE GARY BARLOW FAN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC NEWS: Shops get emergency TT CD deliveries!!!!

3 posters

Go down

BBC NEWS: Shops get emergency TT CD deliveries!!!! Empty BBC NEWS: Shops get emergency TT CD deliveries!!!!

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:31 pm

And another WOOP- WOOP!!!!

"Record companies are taking action to ensure major new albums by Take That and Britney Spears reach shops after a leading CD distributor collapsed.

Woolworths' distribution arm Entertainment UK (EUK) stopped deliveries to stores after the company was put into administration.

The new releases by Britney Spears and Take That, two of the year's biggest albums, come out on Monday.

EUK delivered up to 30% of physical music in the UK, as well as DVDs.

Its customers included retailers Zavvi, Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and WH Smith, as well as Woolworths.

Record labels and shops have resorted to alternative delivery methods to guarantee new releases are on shelves on Monday morning.

Take That's new album, The Circus, is expected to be one of the biggest-selling records of the year.

A spokesman for Asda said new deliveries had been organised, adding that customers "won't notice a thing".

"We are pushing ahead with a planned national poster campaign for a new range of DVD box sets, and can reassure fans of Take That that we will have their new album in store from Monday," he said.

Christmas is the most important time of year for record labels and shops, with much of the industry relying on gift buyers to boost their ailing sales.

"We are monitoring events on an hour by hour basis and liaising with record, video and games companies to find a way through this situation," said Kim Bayley, director of the Entertainment Retailers' Association (ERA).

'Very unfortunate'

The BPI, which represents British record labels, said EUK played a "valuable and profitable role in the music supply chain".

"It is very unfortunate that Woolworths' wider difficulties have dragged it into administration," BPI chief executive Geoff Taylor said.

Woolworths went into administration on Wednesday.

Although its stores will stay open until after Christmas, there is still concern over the future of the chain's 30,000-strong workforce. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7755443.stm
bounce bounce bounce
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Location : Playing on Gary's... erm... Piano!!! {Israel, actually}

Back to top Go down

BBC NEWS: Shops get emergency TT CD deliveries!!!! Empty Re: BBC NEWS: Shops get emergency TT CD deliveries!!!!

Post by Ginny Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:42 pm

thanks for the note jen !! Very Happy
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

https://gazonlinegbfc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

BBC NEWS: Shops get emergency TT CD deliveries!!!! Empty Re: BBC NEWS: Shops get emergency TT CD deliveries!!!!

Post by barlowsbulge Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:27 pm

"Take That's new album, The Circus, is expected to be one of the biggest-selling records of the year."

Eeeeeexcellent! Suck on that Britney fans! Go lads!!! party

barlowsbulge
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:09 pm

barlowsbulge wrote:"Take That's new album, The Circus, is expected to be one of the biggest-selling records of the year."

Or i could just call her Bitch!!! if Jason's allowed to, why can't i ey?! hahahha
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post by barlowsbulge Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:11 pm

Sir Barlows Cuddly Toy wrote:
barlowsbulge wrote:"Take That's new album, The Circus, is expected to be one of the biggest-selling records of the year."

Or i could just call her Bitch!!! if Jason's allowed to, why can't i ey?! hahahha
Razz punch

barlowsbulge
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:19 pm

when TT will break records of fastest-selling record of all times, THEN i'd feel fulfilled at last!

Not that i'm a perfectionist (noooooo waaaaaaay whistle ), but the lads need to be declaired BEST in every bloody aspect/award/whatever!!!!
smile party
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post by barlowsbulge Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:22 pm

Sir Barlows Cuddly Toy wrote:when TT will break records of fastest-selling record of all times, THEN i'd feel fulfilled at last!

Not that i'm a perfectionist (noooooo waaaaaaay whistle ), but the lads need to be declaired BEST in every bloody aspect/award/whatever!!!!
smile party
I think they pretty much have been! Razz party

barlowsbulge
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:59 pm

barlowsbulge wrote:
Sir Barlows Cuddly Toy wrote:when TT will break records of fastest-selling record of all times, THEN i'd feel fulfilled at last!

smile party

They should bite Britney everyway and... worldwide. Im not satisfied if they only make it in UK Evil or Very Mad
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barlowsbulge Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:45 pm

Admin wrote:
barlowsbulge wrote:

smile party

They should bite Britney everyway and... worldwide. Im not satisfied if they only make it in UK Evil or Very Mad
I know. Sad Unfortunately Britney will kick their arses here. But Australia is small fry luckily! Although she will kick their arses in the US too and that's kinda crappy! Crying or Very sad

barlowsbulge
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:01 am

barlowsbulge wrote:
Admin wrote:
barlowsbulge wrote:

smile party

I know. Sad Unfortunately Britney will kick their arses here. But Australia is small fry luckily! Although she will kick their arses in the US too and that's kinda crappy! Crying or Very sad
There's nothing we can do with the US... but we could work hard on Europe! Razz
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryBarlowIsGod Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:18 am

Admin wrote:
barlowsbulge wrote:
Admin wrote:
barlowsbulge wrote:

smile party

i hate this competition!!! not coz i'm underestimating their abilitites but i hate the lousy competition TT actually have got.... it's demeaning!
GaryBarlowIsGod
GaryBarlowIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:06 pm

Admin wrote:
barlowsbulge wrote:
Admin wrote:
barlowsbulge wrote:

smile party

i hate this competition!!! not coz i'm underestimating their abilitites but i hate the lousy competition TT actually have got.... it's demeaning!

I know hun, i know.I hate it as well!!
Ginny
Ginny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barlowsbulge Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:16 am

Admin wrote:
barlowsbulge wrote:
Admin wrote:
barlowsbulge wrote:

smile party

Especially after the whole X Factor performance and weirdness on stage... and MIMING!!! Evil or Very Mad Shame on her.

barlowsbulge
GazLuva
GazLuva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down